Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thankful-Tree!

We did a fun little art project last week where we cut out all the boys' handprints and wrote down what we were thankful for.  Even Noah's handprints made it onto our Thankful Tree!



I think I was the most proud when John Michael's first response when I asked him what he was thankful for was: God!  It made my heart happy!  He also said that I made him happy!



JM was wanting to work on his scissor cutting skills (which we've been having some trouble with lately) and I couldn't find his toddler scissors, so I let him use the regular scissors.  Of course, I sat right beside him and supervised him carefully!  He did a great job!  Who knew scissor-cutting could be so hard to learn! You can tell how proud he is that he is starting to get the hang of it!



Matthew drew on paper and helped me glue on the "leaves" of our tree!



I'm so thankful I got to make our very first Thankful tree with the 3 little ones I'm most thankful for!


**************************************


And just for fun, so I wont' forget, here are our favorite John Michael quotes from this week!


-"Here Matthew, it's your turn to play guitar.  I play Dave Matthews now you play Dave John Michaels."


-"It's really dark in here when I close my eyes"


-"When I grow up I want to be a Daddy too!"

1 comments:

Jane (Gaga) said...

Love the Thankful Tree and love those sweet boys. JM's comments are so cute too.