Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011

This Halloween was a bit odd.  I know next year will be better and different, but it was just plain difficult this year.  We don't celebrate it too heavily over here...we carve a pumpkin, I try and do a few fun treats for the boys and that's about it.

Monday was a Mother's Day Out day, so I came home and made a funfetti cake and some little nutter butter ghosts!  They turned out super cute!


Noah had not taken a very long morning nap at all, so I knew the afternoon nap would be crucial to having a fun and happy Halloween night!



Noah and I picked the big boys up from school and we came on home.  They helped me decorate our graveyard cake with the little ghosts!  It was fun!  They were sneaking pieces of icing and I let them eat a little ghost cookie.  Although, Matthew apparently ate a TON of them while I went to put Noah down for a nap.  I came into the kitchen to find he had pulled up a  stool and helped himself onto the counter! 



The boys played outside for a bit, mainly so that I could try to get Noah down for a good afternoon nap.  They had woken him up two different times as I was trying to get him down.  Frustration ensued as Noah was even more crabby and couldn't/wouldn't sleep.  The afternoon marched onward....


Trust me, it's terrifying to leave JM and Matthew (OK, mainly Matthew) alone for just a few minutes as I try to get Noah down for a nap.  I usually come out to a mess or something broken!



They all opened their Halloween cards from all of their grandparents right before dinner.  Even Noah opened his cards!



I made mummy hot dogs.....er, sort of.  They didn't exactly turn out and at this point I honestly didn't care.  Everyone was melting down from a long day at school with no naps and Noah had been crying most of the afternoon from only having a 40 minute nap earlier in the day.  Mainly I'm writing all of this detail so I'll remember all these fun, crazy days when I look back on the blog!


I was counting down the minutes until Jordan got home to help me with the craziness.  At one point we just looked at each other as everyone was melting down from being so tired and Noah screaming, and we just almost didn't go trick or treating at all!



At first we thought we'd just put Noah down, as he had been screaming by this point for quite awhile.  Then, Matthew had a poopy diaper issue that I had to tend to and for some reason we couldn't find his costume.  Costume was found much, much later and Noah calmed on down too!



With somewhat happy kids, we headed on out just to do as much as we could until someone melted down, mainly Noah!  Noah fell asleep in Jordan's arms and we walked down our street and the block over as well.



The boys helped Jordan carve the cutest Elmo pumpkin!



They got the hang of trick or treating pretty quickly!



Every single time they said Trick or Treat and THANK YOU!!  It was really a good lesson in using their manners!



 



They just looked so precious in their super suits!



All in all, JM and Matthew had a great time!  They walked SO far, knocked on so many doors, and got a good bit of candy.  I don't think there were any more tired boys than ours that night.  After a long day at school, playtime at home, then walking a ton through our neighborhood, they were exhausted!  We didn't hear a peep from them after we put them down for the night!  I'm so glad our night turned out fun!  We definitely made fun Halloween memories!

1 comments:

Jane (Gaga) said...

Super cute Super Heros!!! I know that the day was a long difficult one, but I'm so glad that everything worked out so that the whole family was able to go out and Trick or Treat. These are memories that you will have for a lifetime. I know that I still have wonderful memories of taking Janna and Jordan. Our first stop was always mother's house. She loved decorating the house up and always had GREAT candy and treats :) I only wish that we could live close by to share all these memories too. That is why I love your blog...it may not be a replacement for being there, BUT it sure helps. Thank you for such wonderful posts.