Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful, Part 1

It's November, which means Thanksgiving and the holidays are right around the corner.  Matthew's 2nd birthday is ON Thanksgiving day this year (poor thing!) but I'm trying not to think about him turning 2!

I've noticed a lot of people on facebook and blogs posting something that they're grateful for everyday in November.  Although I know I won't get a chance to do it everyday during November, I'm planning on popping in and out with some things that I'm thankful for this month and throughout the year.

While I do have two older brothers and I am definitely thankful that I have both of them, I have to say that I am so thankful for Judd's continued health!  I want to just yell at the top of my lungs that we have been handed a miracle straight from the Lord!  Judd was very sick for quite a few years and no doctor seemed to be able to make sense of it or even why.  It was literally heartbreaking.  Our family witnessed him being close to death's door more than 1 time.  In those years of sickness I learned to trust God, lean on HIM, and pray, pray, pray, even though I didn't understand or like what was going on.  It was so hard, but I'm so glad I trusted God to heal him; because ultimately he's his heavenly Father after all, and loves Judd more than all of our family combined x100.



So, today, I'm thankful for Judd!  I'm thankful for healing and God's grace towards our family.  I'm also pretty grateful for his precious girlfriend, Jennie, who fits right into our family like she's always been there!


 

3 comments:

ray maxwell said...

We are blessed with many wonderful things in our family, but grandchildren are hard to beat. .How wonderful it is to know everyone loves our heavenly father and thanks him for everything.

Judd said...

Thank YOU sis, I couldn't have made it without the support of my family. Your prayers went a long way and the man upstairs wanted me around for a little bit longer.

Jane (Gaga) said...

God has blessed all of our families with abundance. And I agree with your dad....grandchildren rank right around the top. I thank God every day for those sweet little boys!