Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Shhhh! Baby Jesus!

A few weeks ago the boys found my "Little People" Manger scene that I had stashed away in the garage.  I was wanting to wait until closer to December, but they insisted they must have it!  See how excited JM was?!



So we came inside and unpackaged it and the fun (and learning!) began.



I'm very surprised at how much they just LOVE this manger scene.  I knew I wanted them to have one they could touch, hold, explore, and play with.  This one is great!  It has provided tons of opportunity to talk about Baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the Wise Men, and how important that day was.



I love how much they love to play with it everyday and I love how it gives me a chance to talk about the Christmas Story every day with them!



Even Matthew can get in on the action and play with Baby Jesus and pretend to make the donkey and camel walk!



 



Best $30 we ever spent!!


2 comments:

Judd said...

Good post. Hmm, why are they wearing their Halloween costumes?

Jane (Gaga) said...

Love how excited JM got when he saw it! Matthew is working hard getting the 3 Wise Men all lined up. They all three look like they are enjoying it. Love the way Noah has his foot resting on JM's leg while watching. And Judd...what costumes? Don't you know our boys ARE Superman...HA!