Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Matthew's Birthday Celebration!

Poor Matthew had to share his birthday with Thanksgiving this year.  Even though his birthday fell on a holiday, I tried to make his day special and fun!  We started out our day singing Happy Birthday to him!  I think he was starting to catch on that it was his birthday!


 I let the boys play with their Melissa & Doug birthday cupcake fun set.  They love to pretend play with it!  It's very cute!



 I made a special breakfast of monkeybread (which actually turned out not so great, but I don't think they cared!) and then we played for a bit before opening presents.



 He sat just perfectly in his little chair and opened his presents like a champ!  He got some great books, DVDs, and a few fun toys as well.



The boys played with all their new toys the rest of the afternoon.  It was pretty warm that day so they played outside and also ate lunch outside.  After lunch it was time for cake....


 


I decided to do a bowling birthday for him since he likes to play bowling around the house!  I think his cake turned out SO cute!



I still can't believe he's 2!!



Here we are singing Happy Birthday to him!  They were completely obsessed with this cake!  They drooled over it all morning and they couldn't wait to have some after lunch.



Sweetest little 2 year old I know!  We had a wonderful day being thankful for Matthew!


2 comments:

Jane (Gaga) said...

It was fun being there for his birthday and Thanksgiving. Not many people get to eat birthday cake on T'giving day!! And our family does love birthday cake. All the boys are just growing up way to quick for this Gaga!! But they just keep getting sweeter and cuter by the day.

Kimberly said...

CUTE cake!