Sunday, July 4, 2010

Our trip: Everyone got sick, I got no sleep, and we spent a lot of money

Long time, no blog!!  We're still on our trip, but it's drawing to a close.  I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and getting back to our schedules.  Our little ones have been sick a good bit since we've been here, thus I haven't had any time to blog about anything!  It was funny how we thought we shouldn't really spend the money this summer to go to the beach, but we have ended up spending SO much money at the doctor's office.  That's just life!

John Michael got sick Tuesday afternoon and his fever swelled to 103.3 with Tylenol and Motrin on board. He was so sick and it just broke my heart.  We went to the doctor twice last week with him.  He has a pretty bad ear infection (I have no idea how he got it) so he's on Amoxicillin. If you'll remember Matthew was on his 3rd antibiotic when we came and he eventually had to get three Rocephin shots to clear it up, but we noticed he's pulling on his ears too.  I just want them to stay well.  I have no idea how or why they would be getting ear infections during the summer when we usually don't have any problems with them!

Needless to say, it's been fun seeing my childhood pediatrician a lot!  It's fun to be able to take our children to him when we're in town!

Soo....what have we been up to?  I plan on blogging about it a lot more once we're home, but I thought I'd give you a sneak peek! 

When he's not been sick, Matthew's been happy and smiling, as usual!  Mom got him a little walker and he's been scooting around the kitchen!



John Michael has been loving Mom's front loader washer and dryer.  He has been helping load the washer and dryer.  He loves to put the clothes in and push the buttons!  I feel like we haven't done much of anything interesting lately because we've been stuck in the house with sick kiddos.





We've got two happy babies now!  I think they're on the mend!



Even Jackson has been having a good time.  Because he jumped in the pool, he got groomed here and he looks SOOO cute.  He looks like a little puppy again!



We've been eating at my most favorite restaurant in the whole world, Courtyard Cafe. John Michael really likes it and he has decided that he loves their meatloaf and green beans.  He even ate his first fried green tomato there!



I had a girl's night out with two old friends from high school, Joan and Lindsey.  Well, not really high school, more like elementary and middle school!  We broke free of the little ones and spent a night talking and eating and catching up. Both girls were in our wedding!



We were supposed to go pick Jordan up at the Atlanta Airport on Thursday, but JM was sick.  We were thinking about going to the Georgia Aquarium after we picked him up, but it didn't work out.  I was SO happy to see him.  I had missed him so much.  We hate being apart.  The boys were glad to see him too! 



We ate at Top O The River Friday to celebrate Jordan's birthday early.  We figured since we were home we should go ahead and just celebrate it with everyone!  The lady who made our wedding cake made Jordan's cake and it was so good.  She makes the best cakes!





JM was not so happy that night.  I think his ears were still hurting him.  At least Matthew was happy to eat there on the tin plates!



And, last but not least, we went to a wonderful 4th of July service this morning.  It makes me so thankful to live in our country.  We took a picture at the front of the church because the church is selling and building a new church across town.  We figured this might be our last chance to take a picture where we got married! 



Happy 4th of July!  I hope you all have a wonderful, happy, and safe 4th!


 

4 comments:

tracy mccoy said...

I am sorry that the boys have both been sick. SG had her very first ear infection this month and the dr said it was caused from swimming. I am glad that everyone is feeling better now and hope you have a safe trip back to AR.

Dana/Meme said...

miss you all sooooo much!!! just not going to be the same here this summer without y'all!! love to all and so thankful you made it home safely - rest up

Beth said...

I have never commented on your blog even though I have been secretly reading it for about a year now. I found you through Kelly's Korner. I have lived in Alabama all my life and am a BIG Bama fan too. That is what made me keep reading your blog. Anyway, just wondering if you grew up in Gadsden. I know they have a church that is moving across town, and we used to eat at Top o the River when we were in college at JSU. Thought it might be pretty funny if I was just up the road from you. Would love to connect with you--www.abusymomandteacher.blogspot.com or bhollingsworth@madison.k12.al.us

Kelly said...

Mary,
I like Beth found you through Kelly's Korner and have loved reading about you and your family. I met my fiancee in Bama while living there for work and he is a Gadsden boy and of course we are hug Bama fans! I would always read about you all and always felt like you might have been from the same area. Did you grow up in Gadsden, go to high school there? How funny how small the world can be at times. By the way JM looks like he has grown taller while you were at home in Al!!

Be safe going home--Kelly