Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stand Up, Stand Up!

Last Thursday we played outside for a while and then we came back in the house to cool off.  At first I had Matthew sitting beisde the activity table as I ran into the kitchen to get something.  This is how I found him when I came back into the room:


 He had pulled himself up and was just playing away!  I thought it was so cute and so I started taking pictures galore.  I was so glad that I had my camera handy because right then and there he pulled himself completely up to a standing position!



 Up he goes!  I can't believe I caught it on camera!  What luck!



 He just played and played and I couldn't believe that he was doing all of this so soon!  John Michael was not crawling or standing at all at this age!  I'm in shock!



 Sweet little standing feet!



So what's Matthew been up to lately?


At his 6 month check up he weighed 23 pounds and was 29 inches long.  That puts him around the 98th% !!  That is huge!!  The doctor said he's going to be tall, dark, and handome!  I agree!  He is generally wearing 18 month clothes, but it just depends on how they're made.  One week after he turned 7 months old he started crawling like a mad man and he hasn't stopped yet! 


I couldn't believe it when he just took off one day and crawled everywhere around Jordan's mom's house!  He mainly crawls using his little arms to pull himself around.  He wants what John Michael has so badly, and JM just doesn't understand!  John Michael has been pretty sweet since Matthew has been crawling.  He tries to "exchange" toys with him.  Instead of Matthew getting the toy that JM wants, John Michael will toss him whatever random toy or book is around, like Matthew's really going to want it!  It's very sweet, though!


Matthew is a good eater but he really doesn't like to eat anything green, surprise, surprise.  He guzzles his juice and water at lunch and dinner and he can drink out of most sippy cups now.  He still adores his big brother and watches him all day.  He's also been taking a paci lately, but just like John Michael when he was this age, he just holds it with his hand and chews it.  Neither of our boys have ever truly been interested in the paci, except to hold it and chew it!


I hope everyone had a happy weekend!  We had a fun weekend but a stressful morning at church today, as we were extremely late and John Michael screamed his head off after we dropped him off at nursery.  He's never cried so hard before, it was really hard on me!  I've got 2 meals to cook this week for new babies, so that's always a blessing!


Verse O' the Day:



The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

1 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

Matthew looks so big standing up at his play table!!! When Jordan told me about his pulling up, I couldn't believe he could already do that! Thanks for capturing it all on your camera. I wonder why in the world JM screamed at church today, after enjoying it so much all week at VBS?? I hope y'all had fun with your SS class afterwards and enjoyed all the good food.