Friday, July 9, 2010

America, America!

We had such a fun 4th of July this year.  I enjoy being home with family on the 4th...it's just so fun to cook out, swim, get some sun, and visit with family on the 4th!  My grandparents came up to Mom's house for the weekend and they had a blast playing with John Michael and Matthew.  My grandfather is in awe of our two sweet ones.  He always said he never thought he'd live to be a great-grandfather! 

Here's Papaw showing John Michael the coo-coo clock!  He loves his clocks!



I had the boys in matching plaid shorts with American flag shirts.  They looked so cute.  Of course, I didn't get a single picture of them together.  I always have good intentions of getting a picture of them together, but sometimes the day just passes by and I never get it!



Jordan and I left the boys to play with my grandparents so that we could go to church together.  Dad went with us and it was such a good service.  I always love when they sing the medly of the branches of the Armed Forces.  They always ask anyone who served while their song is playing to stand up and I always get chill bumps and tears in my eyes.  At our church, it's always the older gentlemen who stand up with such pride.  They absolutely were the Greatest Generation. That service put me in the right frame of mind to celebrate our country's birthday!



Later in the day, our friend Justin and his fiancee, Elizabeth, dropped by to see Matthew.  Matthew and John Michael were so cute with them!  Justin lived down the street from me growing up and he and Jordan were good friends throughout high school.  He may have had a little something to do with setting Jordan and me up in high school!



To officially celebrate the 4th, we swam in Gaga's pool before dinner!  Yes, there are pictures of Matthew swimming but I just happen to be wearing a bathing suit, so those will not be making an appearance on my blog!





The men sat around and talked and watched baseball or the race, I really have no idea. 



And after dinner John Michael took a slow ride around the backyard on Gamps' lawnmower!  He kept saying EIEIO!



Happy 4th!  We didnt' shoot any fireworks or go see any because none of us are terribly fond of them.



We stayed poolside and talked the night away.  I think all of us swam until about 11 that night!  My brother, Ray, would love to swim everyday of his life, so that's him in the pool, and then me, and my other brother Judd on the diving board.



I hope your 4th of July was fun and full of memories with family!

1 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

Spending the 4th of July with family is just the greatest!
We are in baby withdrawal at the moment though :(