Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Move Over Jordan, I Have A New Love!

Until I used my mom's steamer on our recent trip back home, I had never really even used one or even cared!  After using her steamer on her floors for like, 10 seconds, I knew I HAD to have one!  I'm not a big-time cleaner and I generally don't like to clean all the time, but having a steamer just makes life SO much easier, and I'm all for that!

And since Matthew started crawling while we were back home, I knew that once we got back home I was going to have to start researching to see which one I wanted.  After some research online I decided that the Shark Steam Pocket Mop was my dream steamer mop!  I am in LUUURVE!  And yes, I'm just doing this post because I want to!  It's just my humble opinion!



My Shark comes with a few different mop heads and one that's almost like shaggy terry cloth that I like to use on the hardwoods.  The best part about it is you don't use any chemicals, it's just water!  Afterwards, I just throw it in the washing machine and then hang it to dry until the next use.  It's also cool because when one side starts getting too dirty (as it always does for me!) you just flip the whole mop over and use the other side of the mop instead of having to put a new pad on!  It's also worked wonders on dried up baby foood/juice under Matthew's high chair.  I just pump the handle a few times and glide over it and it gets it up great!

It's so easy, you just fill it with water....


Put on your pad.....



Plug her in, the blue light comes on, and in about 30 seconds you're ready to start "mopping!"  I don't think I'll ever have another mop with chemicals in my house ever again!



One of my favorite parts is the handle that is pretty easy on your hands.  You can hold it a multitude of ways!  The simple motion of you pushing the handle is what triggers to steam to come out!



It turns pretty nicely too, so that it fits in corners.  It has a triangle-shaped attachement that works great in bathrooms, too.



I wish I had a big-time blog so that I could give one of these babies away, but also, not that many people read my blog!  I have just loved having it, so there was no way I couldn't do a post about it!


By the way, my mom has a Haan steamer and it worked great also!  It also has the pad that just velcroes on and then you throw it in the washer when you're done.  Jordan's mom also has a Shark steamer and she's also really liked hers, too!  It's a family affair!


 


8 comments:

Jordan Wigley said...

You had me worried for a minute! I get your status updates in my email, so all I saw at first was the subject line. :-)

As soon as I saw it though, I knew what it had to be. You've seriously been in love with this thing since the day I brought it home. And don't forget... Dave would be happy because we found a good deal on it! :-)

Love you. See you in a bit.

Vonda said...

I am so glad you posted this. I need for Jeremy to see what he thinks and maybe we can get one too!!!

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

They do make life so much easier! Sometimes I mop with my regular mop and Mr. Clean first....just because I like the smell...then I mop with my steam mop...and it is surprising how much dirt the steam mop still picks up. They really work great and I'm glad y'all found such a good deal on one!

Hannah said...

I'm so glad you posted on this. I have been wondering if those things really do work (because I always see ads on tv), so now I just may have to get myself one! :)

Mary said...

i have one and for some reason i dont love it as much as you do, lol...it makes my arm hurt and since all our main floors are hardwood i have a ton to do...idk maybe its just me!

Julie said...

Can you believe I asked Guy for one for our anniversary???? That's the only way we can swing it, and we've got to do something withS about to be mobile and 3 dogs!!! Not to mention how much I despise mopping and am ashamed at how often I DON'T do it! I told Guy that this is the only time EVER that he can get me a mop for a gift!!!!!!!

Beth said...

I have been wondering if they work as well as they say they do on TV. Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

Thank you for your commercial!! I've been curious how well the Shark works. I guess I'll have to put that on my Christmas or birthday list or something. You've got me sold!!