Thursday, July 22, 2010

Swimming!

Last week we went to the pool a few nights after dinner, just to make things easier on me.  I'm having a hard time going by myself.  Matthew is mobile now and I'm just nervous with both of them.  I'm hoping next summer will be better because they'll be 1 1/2 and 3!  I think I'll be able to manage them much better then!

It's been so hot so it was nice to go in the evening and not have to put sunscreen and all that on!  We just jumped right in and had a great time!

Jordan got John Michael this suit and he wanted him to wear it so badly....the look on JM's face says it all:

 


He was less than thrilled with this huge contraption.  Plus, it hardly fit over his head!  I'm not sure we'll put him in it again!  Matthew was ready to swim as well!



Aunt Janna taught John Michael to kick, kick, kick!  He likes to kick to the side and hop out!



Jumping off the side is John Michael's favorite activity!  Another reason why it's a perk to go at night so that Jordan can help me with them!



Here's Matthew looking kind of serious about swimming!



Splashing around!



Happy Dad and two happy boys!  I couldn't be any luckier!



The two lights of my life!  Silly boys!



We had playgroup today and the boys are out like a light!  I have a huge shopping trip that I'm not looking forward to tonight, but it must be done!  We need food and John Michael needs his fruit! 


Verse O' the Day:  This is kind of a neat verse.  I don't think I've ever seen it before.  It's kind of hard to "just be still" with the way our lives are.  I guess sometimes that's all God wants from us.



The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.

Exodus 14:14

2 comments:

Julie said...

Just got back from a gigantic shopping trip myself. We had nothing. Glad it's over!!!!

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

Glad y'all had a good time at the pool!!