Monday, February 1, 2010

Brothers, Indeed

With all this cold weather and snow on the ground outside, I needed something to melt my heart, and this picture did it for me!



I've noticed more and more that John Michael has been giving Matthew kisses on his head and patting his head when we're not really noticing or asking him to.  A real big brother!  He also has been patting his head or holding his hand when he cries.  Matthew usually doesn't cry at all, but with this nasty cold he's had some moments of crying!



The feeling appears to be mutual.  Matthew always has his eyes on John Michael.  He follows his movements and really watches him.  Now, we still have our moments of me saying, "please don't sit on baby brother" or "You cannot swing his swing that high!" but overall JM is adapting pretty well!



 I hope they'll be each other's best friends as they grow up together.  How blessed we are to have two precious boys!  I never thought I really wanted a house full of boys, but I wouldn't take anything else.  Little boys are awesome.  I would probably say the same if I had girls, but still!



Last week I noticed Matthew is now able to lift his little fists to bat at his little toys on the bar of his bouncy seat!  He's awake a lot more, even though JM still calls him "Night Night!"  He still loves to be held and he's most happy just being held nice and tight with a blanket.  He loves to be warm! 


 Last week he weighed in at 15 pounds 7 ounces!  There's no telling how long he is.  He's seriously very long.  When we go for his 2 month check-up I'm sure he'll be off the charts!  Happy Monday!


Verse O' the Day:



The LORD bless you, and keep you; The LORD make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace.

Numbers 6:24-

4 comments:

kimberly said...

Aww...that is so precious. Boys are wonderful, a handful of energy, often loud and always a bit rambunctious....but WONDEFUL. I can't tell you what fun these two guys will have growing up together....my two certainly are having a blast, and in between fights over who can do this sport or that Wii game better, I still find endearing moments when they show brotherly love as well, even at their age.

Dana/Meme said...

I am soooo happy that JM is accepting "this" intrusion into his kingdom! I knew he would fall in love with him, after he got over his jealousy! HA
The pictures are precious and I cannot wait to see JM kiss Matthew and to see Matthew gazing at his big brother - how sweet!
I want to see some snow pictures! Especially with the Radio Flyer! Did you ride it?
Have a good day and I hope Matthew's bad cold is better today!
Love to all!

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

I love the way JM is so tender with Matthew and the look that Matthew is giving him (like " I love you big brother"). They are just the sweetest, most precious boys. I love them so much and we are all looking forward to having them here in a few weeks!! Hope the snow melts soon.

jennifer said...

How precious are your boys!!!