Friday, January 29, 2010

So Far

So far today it's been snowing for hours!  We are so lucky that we did not get as much of the ice as they thought we would get last night.  Just a little ice, then some freezing rain, and then early this morning it started snowing and it hasn't slowed down since! 

Being from Alabama, it's still so weird to me to see this much snow!  I'm still not used to it.  Both kiddos are napping, Jordan is working hard from home, and I'm cleaning and blogging.  We have frozen brunswick stew defrosting to eat tonight and maybe a movie to watch.  We stayed up late last night to watch a movie because we knew it would be a snow day today!  I just love snow days when Jordan is at home with us, it's my most favorite times!

Have a happy weekend.  I think we'll be snug in our warm house throughout the weekend!


 



 



Verse O the Day:  (Oooh, this is a good one.  I have it on our fridge and I see it about a million times a day while making breakfast, lunch, and dinner and then getting juice out for John Michael!  I'm trying hard to memorize more scripture, but it's hard work!)



“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

Beautiful snow! So glad that the ice wasn't as bad as expected and that you didn't lose power. Maybe when it warms a little you can try out that sled :) Also, I enjoyed reading the bible verse on your fridge everyday while I was there. Memorizing gets even harder when you're my age.

Crystal said...

Hi Mary Avery! I found your blog from Kelly's Korner and I enjoy checking it now and then. I, too, have two boys close in age. They are 7 and 5 1/2 now and we just had a baby girl last summer! Anyway, I was intrigued by your post on Walgreens and using the Register Rewards, so I gave it a try yesterday! I was so excited about my purchases that I took a picture and posted it on my own blog. You have inspired the savings! Just wanted to say thanks!

Sincerely,
Crystal Wibben
Shreveport, LA