Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pioneer Woman?

Pioneer Woman, I am not!  I tried, but who in the world messes up boxed brownies?! 



Although I made the brownies from a box, I made the homemade mocha frosting from The Pioneer Woman cookbook.  Although the brownies look seriously, seriously ugly, they were quite tasty!  I still can't figure out how I made yummy brownies look so ugly.


We gave my mother-in-law the Pioneer Woman cookbook for her birthday and I have enjoyed reading through it while we've been home.  I plan on getting my own sometime very soon!  I love all the pictures!


In fun friend news, the other day we met up with an old high school (and elementary and middle school!) friend of mine and her little guy.  We met at Chik-fil-A because I just figured out JM is old enough to start playing in the play place!  Fun! 


I left Matthew with my Mom because I wanted some time with just me and John Michael.  I feel like I haven't really taken him out with just me in a long time.  We had a fun afternoon; just the two of us!



Aren't they so cute?





And Baby Matthew has been happy and playful and he has started to full-on laugh lately!  He's been cracking us up with his smiles and laughs.  He's so sweet.


Have a happy week!



Verse O' the Day:



“Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.”

Psalm 91:14-15

2 comments:

Jordan Wigley said...

Looks like the two of them had a good time at Chick-Fil-A. I'm so glad you all are heading back home this week! Be careful on the road today and tomorrow. See you soon. Love you!

Lindsey said...

We sure did have fun at Chick-Fil-A!