Thursday, February 4, 2010

Squirrel Power!

What do red, buff, and green and squirrels have in common?  Well, it's the colors and mascot of my college sorority!  A very sweet girl somehow was able to find Alpha Gamma Delta alumni living all throughout Northwest Arkansas and we finally all got together the other night for dinner.

Ever since I moved up here I kept wondering if there was an alumni chapter in the area.  I even looked around online but I never found anything.

It was so nice to have a night out and talk with other women...my own sorority sisters, none the less.  Yes, we are all different ages, went to different colleges, and we're in different walks of life, but we're still sisters!

I truly enjoyed myself.  I left Jordan at home with a bottle for Matthew and he was none too happy about it (Matthew, not Jordan!)  so I had to leave a bit early to head back home to feed him.  Jordan did a very good job juggling both boys and keeping Matthew from eating his own hand from hunger!



One exciting aspect of the night was finding out there was another Psi Alum living up here.  Who knew!  We talked about the ghost stories from the house, (which were exactly the same years later when I was there), the sleeping porch, and the ugly basement! 

It was a great night out of the house for this tired mom.  I'm hoping we can start getting together quarterly to celebrate being a squirrel!

Verse O' the Day:

Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 1:6

2 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

Looks like a fun night out!!! You deserve it.

Laura P. said...

I'm an Alpha Gam too! I was involved in the Epsilon chapter at UK! Oh the days -- I miss the girls so much!

So happy to see that you were united with some "sisters" -- what a special bond! And I'm thrilled to share it with you as well.

Many blessings!