Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Weekend, Part 2

OK, so I'm back with our weekend wrap-up post.  There was so much stuff on Saturday and Sunday that I couldn't fit it all in one post!  On Saturay afternoon, after a little nap we headed to a local park for a Sunday School get together.  I can sum it up in one word:  HOT.  Really hot and humid. 

John Michael really enjoyed his dinner at the park! 



Dinner time and Daddy and John Michael!




Look at those curls!  It was so humid!



After we ate we headed down to a little creek at the park.  I am not kidding when I tell you it was at least 10 degrees cooler and the water was freezing.  It was so nice and refreshing.  The waterfalls were quite neat and it was just a very cool place to be in the middle of all that heat!


  


                                                                 


    



On Sunday afternoon we went downtown to attend "Celebrate America".  Our church put on the celebration and it was really good.  The singing was great, the speaker was great, and the flyover jets at the end were awesome.  We were a little late because I had to make dinner.  I SO wish I had known there were hot dogs and things like that there!  We would have been on time and had good seats!  Either way, we had a great time just watching everything and walking around!



I have no idea what this look is, but it's hilarious that I caught it on camera!



Eating a yummy popsicle!  I guess it's his first!



We ran into Wells and his Dada.



Our little family!



We also ran into Kinley!  Don't they look so cute standing next to each other!



And here's John Michael doing his favorite activity: "pushing" his stroller!  Of course we had to put him in his cute 4th of July outfit that his Meme got him!  It is too cute.  I just want to eat him up in that outfit.  I sure wish I got cuter and cuter everyday.


4 comments:

Kelly said...

John Michael is always dressed in the CUTEST outfits ever!

Dana/Meme said...

Glad to get to see the rest of your weekend's pictures. All so cute! I want to see some of the preg mom - you! (and not just your head)
Can't believe the time is here - see all of you tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!
I pray for a safe and pleasant journey for you all!
Love to all.

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

JM looks just darling and I love the picture of him walking through the grass. I can't wait till tomorrow to see him walk around. Love y'all

kimberly said...

Oh I adore his fireworks jon-jon. So Cute!! Good job, Mrs. Dana!!