Monday, July 6, 2009

The 4th and Such

Of course we had a fantastic 4th because we spent it swimming, grilling, and eating with our family!  On Friday I finally got my hair cut and colored and I am in short hair heaven!  I am loving my new cut.  I'll try and post a picture sometime soon!  Here's our long weekend in pictures!

Here we are at our long stop-over for lunch in Mississippi.  It took forever to eat in the car.  We couldn't go in because Jack was in the car and he would have gotten too hot.  It took us the full 12 hours to get back home.


After our lunch stop we put Jack in the back with John Michael.  They rode together pretty well for a while and JM enjoyed reaching over to pet Jack!




Friday morning we started out the day by swimming in our new swimmy suit while I went to the beauty shop for the morning!  Here's JM all ready to go swimming at Gram's!


John Michael had fun swimming with Daddy!



Jackson had to find a cool place while they swam!



After all the swimming and then napime we headed over to Meme and Papa's house for lunch with my Dad's  side of the family.  They were so excited to come see John Michael.  Here's JM helping Papa grill out.



Here's John Michael playing with his new pool inside the house!



Two proud great-aunts!



Friday night we quickly headed out to First Friday downtown.  We couldn't stay too long, though, because Jordan and I were going on a date night to the movies that night.  We ran into our friends Lindsey and Asa and their two boys Gabe and Landon!  I wish we could have stayed for the fireworks that night!



Saturday morning JM woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  He was not a happy fellow.  We did go swimming and he wasn't too happy with that, either.  After we swam with Papa we played basketball in the yard.  John Michael was very ready for his nap that morning.



After two naps John Michael was ready to come out and eat Bar-B-Q with all of us!  He looooves BBQ!



And of course, I told Uncle Ray that he could feed John Michael Meme's homemade ice cream.  YUUUM-O!



Whew, I'm getting tired just typing about our weekend!  On Sunday morning I headed out solo to Tuscaloosa to attend a christening for my good friend Lydia and her husband, Michael!  I got to pay each grandparent a quick little visit while I was in town and then I hit the road and came back home to my boys.



Here's Baby K in her beautiful christening gown and hat that her grandmother made for her.  It was beautiful and K looked beautiful in it!  She is so precious.  I'm so glad I got to meet her before she's crawling everywhere!




Here's my Alpha Gam Big Sis!  She looked beautiful on Sunday holding her beautiful new baby girl.  Congraulations to Lydia and Michael on their precious baby girl!  I can't wait to see her grow up!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Mary Avery - your hair looks SO pretty!!!!
I love long hair but between the heat, having to dry my hair and a baby - short hair is the only way I can go. And I love it! You look great!!!!

Julie said...

I'm lovin' your hair--can't wait to see it in person! The bangs are really cute!

kimberly said...

JM in the baby pool INSIDE the house is priceless! :) You were too close to me not to come by!! We'd have given you some goodies from cooking camp.....and some more stationary!! :) Glad you had a great time being home with the family! I know your mom has been thrilled!