Monday, June 29, 2009

A Block Party and Some Catfish!

First things first, how in the world does a dead bird end up in a baby swimming pool?  We had no idea either.  It was the weirdest thing and gross too!  That pool is long gone now!



We had such a fun and eventful weekend.  Once again, I'm still behind on my blogging.  I'll just start with last Thursday since it's close enough to be considered the weekend!  We headed up the street to The Greens for a little block party.  There are 3 other couples from Sunday School that live close by so we finally all got together for a night of fun!


Croquet, anyone?!



JM helping Daddy play croquet!



Braxton and John Michael played with sidwalk chalk together!



Budding artist!  This was his first time for sidewalk chalk.




Three pregnant girlies!
Three pregnant girlies!

We had a fantastic time eating at the Greens, but it was so hot outside toward the end of the night when we headed out!  John Michael slept great when we got home that night!

Saturday we got up kind of late because John Michael slept until 8:30. (As I'm proofreading this I just had to laugh..."we got up kind of late!! HA!!.....8:30 am.  A few years ago that would have been like 11 on a Saturday!  How times change!)   We had breakfast and headed to Fayetteville to look at furniture that we're not going to be buying anytime within the next two years.  It's fun to go look, right?! 


After the furniture store we were hungry so we found out how to get to The Catfish Hole.  I knew it was somewhere close by but we had never been.  Kacy has talked about it on her blog before so we headed there and had a great time eating catfish and hush puppies.  Did I mention we love anything fried?



Hushpuppies, please!



The fish were kind of neat to look at too!



That's all for now!  I'll finish up our fun weekend tomorrow.  It was just too much to put in one post!  Happy 4th of July week!


Verse O' the Day:



I will lie down in peace and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

Psalm 4:8

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh we are HUGE fans of catfish hole! I love it sooooooooo much! I could eat 5000 hashbrowns! YUM!

Kelly said...

Um - that was supposed to say 5000 hushbuppies - not hashbrowns. ha ha ha!

Julie said...

We had such a good time with ya'll! You got some really great pictures--I like the 3 pregnant girlies all lined up.

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

It is so nice that you have such good friends that live closeby. The three of you look so cute lined up together. I'm sure that all the babies will have such fun together growing up in the same neighborhood. JM looks so cute in all the pictures...as always! Glad that you had a great weekend and looking forward to you coming home this week!

Dana/Meme said...

I wanted to see JM with that child's plate and some catfish!!
Cannot wait for y'all to get here!!!
Love to all!