Friday, July 31, 2009

Show Us Your Wedding!

Asking me to show you pictures from our wedding is like asking a grandma to see pictures of her grand kids...OF COURSE I'll show you!!! 

This week Kelly's Korner is doing Show Us Your Life: Wedding flowers/Ceremony/Wedding Party.  After dating for nearly 7 years and being apart for a year and a half before the wedding, we were some seriously excited folks on August 5, 2006!

I love our pictures with a mighty passion.  I mainly love our pictures because I looked nothing like I do in normal life!  They turned out so great and  truly reflected the emotions of that special day.  I am in love with our photographers.  We used Artography in Birmingham, AL and they were awesome.  We used them for bridal, engagement, and wedding pictures.

There was NO way that I could only pick a few to share so I had to show a bunch.  With our anniversary right around the corner, it was nice to sit and go through our pictures.  It truly was one of the top, top days in our lives! 

We truly had a wonderful day even though it was August in Alabama!  Hot!  Basically, I refused to go outside for pictures.   We handmade some of the details and I planned nearly everything with help from our moms and while finishing up my nursing degree!  I hope you enjoy!

Check out my handsome groom!



We did take pictures together first.  That was a hard decision to make, but I'm glad we did.  I wouldn't have wanted to take all that time after the ceremony to take pictures.  We had some "us" time as we took our pictures in the little chapel.





We were married in the church that I grew up in for a few years, and my parents go there now.





Jordan with his family



Me with my family; we clean up quite nice



Me with the moms!



My bridesmaids consisted of childhood friends and my Alpha Gam Big Sis!  The girls wore pale, pale pink two piece dresses with a scoop neck and pearls.  So classic, I think!



Here's all the attendants!  Jordan's groomsmen consisted of my brothers and his childhood friends, also!  I honestly cannot remember if the groomsmen wore tails on their tuxes or not! 



After we took pictures we chilled out and got ready for the ceremony!


Our ceremony was beautiful by candlelight.  We used the organ, a soloist, and a trumpeteer and that was it! Oh yeah, and our favorite pastor!






I honestly didn't cry until we hit that prayer bench for  "The Lord's Prayer".  Luckily, my Matron of Honor instinctively knew and handed me a tissue!  Jordan and I both cried while we were kneeling.



Here we are immediately after!



I hope you've enjoyed!  See ya next week for the reception...the really fun part!

5 comments:

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

It was a truly beautiful wedding. I still smile everytime I look at the photos. You were glowing that day. It was certainly a day that I will never forget. Thank you for being such a loving, caring wife to Jordan and such a nurturing mother to John Michael. Hard to believe that almost 3 years have passed since that day that you walked down the aisle.

laurie said...

I LOVE that last picture. Beautiful wedding!

kimberly said...

Great photos, Mary Avery! You look stunning.... Mrs. Dana looks fabulous too!!

And it sounds like lots of wonderful memories for you!

Jordan Wigley said...

Great post baby! That was one of the best days of our lives, and I have so many great memories... especially looking back at the photos. Thanks for posting all of the good ones! :-)

Love you,
Jordan

Lauren said...

Beautiful photos, especially the one with the stained glass window!