Monday, April 6, 2009

You Don't Know Jack!

We recently forgot to celebrate a very important family member's birthday....you guessed it, Jackson turned two on March 23rd!  We've enjoyed having a such a cute, fluffy dog and he is great with Jordan's allergies (the main reason we got him to begin with!)  We've had the best time with him over the last two years and he has ended up being a fantastic big brother to John Michael! 

I've always heard that bichons are great with kids, but I was just reminded so much of this today as John Michael crawled over to Jack and grabbed his big, fluffy head and then tried to head-butt him!  Jack just sat there, as always, and had a very patient look on his face.  I dug through the thousands of pictures that we have of Jack and posted a little "Jackson History" for everyone to enjoy!

Here is Jackson at the breeder's house, before we ever got to bring him home


Home at last with his new mom and dad who are just a little crazy about him.



Ah yes, Jackson's favorite activity at the old house, running down the hall with his ring.



One of my most favorite pictures of Jackson as a puppy.




This next picture just breaks my heart!  Poor puppy!  Jackson had a serious anaphalactic reaction to a routine vaccine and almost died right in front of me!  Scary!  No more Lepto vaccine for us.



Summertime grass.



First trip to a lake!



First trip to The Univeristy of Alabama campus!



Our little family before John Michael.



First haircut that traumatized me and sent me into a crying fit because they shaved my precious fluff. I'm being totally serious, ask my dad.



Looking cute beside the Charlie Brown pumpkin.



First Christmas with Jackson.



Jackson's first birthday "cake".  He got a quick little lick!



Happy 4th of July!



And here's Jack with his new best friend, he just didn't know it at the time!



 






Verse O' the Day:

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:31

6 comments:

Gamps said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my lil buddy. How cute he was as a small pup. Now he looks like me.

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

A very fun ride down memory road with Jackson! He is just the cutest bichon ever and I agree that he is a very good "big brother" to JM. I know that they will be best buddies and have so much fun playing together through the years to come.

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Jackson from your fellow Bichon friend Dawson. I don't know about you but I kind of like the new baby at my house. My mom takes me on rides with her and walks with her and now my mom is home with me all day instead of going to work and leaving me. I just can't wait for the baby to start eating real food and maybe she'll share with me.
Come play with me sometime.
P.S. We were soooooo cute as puppies. Cuter than these babies I think . ha ha ha!

Dana/Meme said...

Not much more I can say that hasn't been said above!!
Happy Belated Birthday Jackson!!
Is this post today to make up for how mad you were with him last week?
Love to all, especiallly Jackson

Julie said...

Oh my-he was a really cute puppy!

Joan said...

Happy Belated, Jackson! You're so cute and soft!

We forgot Tallulah's Birthday, and you just reminded me that we forgot Davey's 3rd, which was April 1. AGH! I feel bad now!