Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter, Part Two

It still feels weird to us to not be with our families on Easter Sunday.  That's just one weird part about living so far away from family; it just seems odd to not go over to someone's house after church to eat!  Since it was just the three of us we opened JM's presents that the Easter bunny brought, ate breakfast, and then headed to church.  It was a dreary, cold, icky Easter Sunday but we were so glad to go hear a fantastic service. 



John Michael got a few presents and cards from the Easter bunny.

 



He really likes the new drumsticks!


Still playing with the drumsticks.



This squishy animals feels funny!



Luckily we took family pictures before church!  JM fell asleep 2 minutes before we got to church, thus he never napped that morning in nursery.  Fun!  He was a bit unhappy that afternoon because he was so tired!  He finally went down for a long nap later in the afternoon and all was well! 



In preparation of John Michael's first Easter, I made a bunny cake that was ummm...well...you can take a look yourself.  I am no Ace of Cakes.  Oh yeah, and I didn't attach his ears because I was too tired, so he's earless.




Happy Easter!  We hope everyone had a great day of rest and family time!


5 comments:

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

All of the Easter pictures are just so cute! I loved the ones from the previous post too of JM hunting Easter eggs. He looked like such a big boy holding his basket and finding the eggs. Your "earless" cake was darling...we thought it looked a lot like Jack...hehe.

kimberly said...

I'm thinking that bunny cake tasted delish....even earless. Less calories that way, right? :)

laurie said...

The earless bunny cake is really cute and I loved JM's Easter outfit!

Ginger said...

I just love the earless bunny. I could not stop laughing because that is something I would probably do to. I'm sure it has to be hard to be away from family during the holidays.

Dana/Meme said...

Love the toy drum, but I can see JM loves the drum stick the best! Right in the mouth - typical! He looks so cute, and I love the family picture - good of all of you!
We missed all of you so much on Easter! Just did not seem the same.
Love to all.