Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday!

Happy, Happy Birthday to my best friend, Joan!  Yesterday was her birthday so now she's all old like me!


Joan and I lived down the street from one another growing up and went to school together all throughout elementary, middle, and high school and we even roomed together our freshman year in college.  She got used to my sleep walking ways and I got used to her hibernation-like sleeping habits!


Joan is the mommy to 6 (yes 6!) dogs and lives out in the country now.  It's so quite when you go to their house!  She's always the one person who can make me laugh the most and each of us has to immediately call the other if we find out a really good bit of gossip.  Jordan knows that if we're on the phone he might as well go do something else because it's gonna be a while before I'm off!


Here's Joan and her husband, Clay!  They've known each other as long as Jordan and I have and they also started dating in high school.  Awwww!



Here's Joan and a much more tanned version of myself at Joan's wedding!  We had the best day!



And here's Joan and myself at my wedding, although I've got some sort of "crazy-eyes" thing going on!  That was also a fun day!  Joan took the place of my sister since I don't have one and did all the things your sister would do for you on your wedding day.



Last, but not least, here's Joan meeting John Michael for the first time.  She's never (& probably never will) forgiven me for moving so far away AND having a baby that she can't see all the time!





If I wasn't lazy I could pull out tons of pictures of us through the years, but these are the ones that I have handy on the old laptop!  Happy Birthday, Joan!  We hope you had a fantastic day and a memorable birthday with yummy birthday cake!  We miss you!





Verse O' the Day:

“Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.”

Psalm 91:14-15

1 comments:

Joan said...

Oh my GOODNESS Mary! See this is what I get for not checking your blog in like, 2 weeks. I'M AN IDIOT!

Thank you! That was soooooo sweet! I feel like it's my birthday all over again!