Friday, April 10, 2009

The Kid Stays in the Picture

Before John Michael started crawling around everywhere I could take as many pictures as I wanted.  He would sit in one place and my pictures usually turned out pretty good.

Well, now it's a different story!  The kid does not stay in the picture so well.  Most of our recent pictures end up looking like this:




It's definitely a lot harder to get good pictures since he's become more mobile.




And of course, here's the two best pals!


In addition to being more mobile and crawling, John Michael is starting to really cruise around and stand up on his own.  He loves his music/activity tables and he can pull up on them now!



I'm gonna stand up all by myself!
I'm gonna stand up all by myself!


For some reason he had an Elvis smile going on in all these pictures.  His lip was turned up in all of them!  This is the best I could do!



I did it myself!
I did it myself!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend.  We've got some fun family activities planned so it should be a great First Easter for John Michael. We wish we were going to be home with family, but we're not.  

I hope we can all remember that Easter isn't about the Easter Bunny, dying eggs, or Reese's peanut butter eggs (ummm, that one's for me) but it's truly about the death and resurrection of Christ, our Savior.  Let HIM be ever near to our minds and hearts in the coming days as we think about what HE went through and sacrificed for all of us.  It's a sad time if you really think about it, in a way, but it's also a joyous time because........THE TOMB IS EMPTY!  HE'S ALIVE!

2 comments:

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

Good work John Michael on standing up all by yourself! We hope that y'all have a great Easter. We wish you were here also and would love being together on JM's first Easter and also celebrating together the fact that Jesus Christ rose from the dead and gave us as Christians the most precious gift of all....everlasting life and knowing that we will all be reuinted in Heaven for eternity.
PS.....Save me a peanut butter egg :)
Love you

Kelly said...

Happy first Easter John Michael - love the picture of him and Jackson!