Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bump It or Lose It

I can no longer keep quite!  I hide a secret shame of really, really wanting to order an item from an infomercial.  It's for my hair and I have no doubt it will make it look totally fabulous.

The only problem is that I laughed so hard the first time I saw it that I almost peed my pants.  Now, after a couple of times of seeing the commercial I decided that, although it's cheesy, I think it would work!

It. Is. Genius.  It is Bumpits!


Now, this one simple device would take part of the agony of hair drying/styling out of my morning routine.  Because, you know, I always wash and style my hair everyday.


Do I not spend hair drying time with my big red can of big sexy hair root boost, then separate drying of the top section with a round brush, then hair spray, then velcro rollers held in place for at least 30 minutes in an attempt to get some semblance of volume out of this hair??


While you may not ever see me wearing one of these, you'll know I was secretly wishing my hair was styled as so:




Y'all, it's just so darn cute and snazzy. Oh, be quiet my southern heart which longs for big ole Texas hair.  The end.  Have happy weekend!

(All images property of www.bumpits.com)

4 comments:

jessica said...

OMG MARY AVERY!!! i want to buy that thing since the first time i saw it. it was kinda sad b/c my sis and billy thought about me when they saw that! I WANT BIG HAIR!! haha

Erin said...

AH! So glad to know someone else shares my same secret!! I've considered call several times to order it, but couldn't get up the courage. Love it! Thanks for sharing :)

Kacy said...

I would love it (because I am NOT good at backteasing - I missed that lesson in Southern Girls Hair 101), but I would probably also end up with a big Bumpits rat nest in the top of my head. Can't you just see Mike trying to help me get it out??

Kelly said...

MARY AVERY!!!!!!
The creator of Bumpits is sending me some to try and out review for my blog!!!! I thought about getting a few girls from Church to try them too and give me before and after pics. I'm now nominating you! and Erin and Jessica and Kacy!!!