Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh No! Snow!

We made it back from Thanksgiving holiday and it was NOT A FUN TRIP.  We left about 4:30a and got home about 4:30p.  The first couple of hours of the trip went well because John Michael was asleep, after that, he just was not happy to be in his carseat.  He cried a lot and on top of that, I still have a cold and so I had a really bad headache for most of the trip.  His screaming made it worse!  I'm just trying to block out the whole car ride.  Not fun!  The last stretch we drove through snow!  I can't believe it's already snowing!  Just enough for a dusting.  It was so neat to wake up this morning with snow falling.
Part of our cute house!  Notice our AL flag!
Part of our cute house! Notice our AL flag!


I'm so proud of myself for driving to the store in the snow!  I'm a southern girl and so I don't go anywhere when there's anything white falling!  I had to run to the store after we got home because we had nothing to eat!  I did fine driving and made it home safely.

Today is one of those days where we are going to stay in and not do too much of anything.  JM is in cute footie pajamas and I'm hanging out in sweats.  I'm going to ignore the two open suitcases, piles of clean and dirty clothes, and bags of bottles/sippy cups to put away and just enjoy the snow and being in the warm house with my own snuggle bunny!



Why does my child suddenly look like he has red hair???
Why does my child suddenly look like he has red hair???

We decided to move JM's bed down a notch since he's sitting up so well now.  I also took out the bumpers so that he would have more room to move around.  His bed looks so weird moved down and with no bumpers!  I guess he really is growing up!  He played so well in his bed today while I unloaded his suitcase and unpacked his stuff.




Oh my, that hair is looking especially red today!
Oh my, that hair is looking especially red today!

Verse O' the Day:

Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?”
John 11:40

2 comments:

Jane (Gran/Grams or whatever) said...

I share your love for watching the snow fall...as long as I don't have to drive in it. I'm proud of you for venturing out in it. I hope that you and John Michael caught up on a litte rest and that your cold is better. We sure do miss all of you...and I miss my bed-warmer (Jackson) ! Very cute pictures of JM today. It always makes my day to read the latest post on your blog. Love you all.
Grams

Joan said...

He is soooo cute. I loved seeing him while ya'll were here, and my sister is like, in love with him now.

did you do that writing on the wall? stencil?