Sunday, December 14, 2008

So Much to Say, So Much to Say

We have been so busy this weekend!  It IS the Holiday season, though!  I baked on Wednesday for a family with a precious new baby girl.  I made chicken pot pie and I hope it turned out well.  Thursday I baked cookies for Bunco and Friday I made Alabama trash candy and homemade cheesecake covered with caramel, chocolate, and pecans for our Sunday School class party.  Whew!  Thursday night we had Bunco and I was so excited to finally get to go, as I missed October and November.  Lady Luck was with me and I won a prize for most wins!!  This wreath perfectly finishes up my Christmas decorations for my fireplace:
Jessica and I won pretty wreaths!
Jessica and I won pretty wreaths!

The theme for Bunco this month was cookie swap.  Everybody brought different cookies and they were so good! I made chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies.  They were SO easy to make and they were pretty good, too.  Julie made enchillada soup and a super yummy chocolate-coffee punch.  It tasted kind of like a frosty from Wendy's.  I cannot keep eating like this or I will not be very happy in January.
"C" is for cookie!
"C" is for cookie!





Pretty wreath on the candelabra
Pretty wreath on the candelabra

-----------------------------------------------------


Friday night was our Sunday School class party.  We had a really good time getting to visit with everyone and all of the food was yum-O.  There were so many desserts there, too!  We had a great time playing a get to know ya game and playing dirty santa ornament exchange.  I picked a beautiful glass snowflake.  It looks wonderful on the tree!  It was parent's night out at church, also, so we left JM at church so that we could go to the party.  We left him for the longest we've ever left him.  We were gone about 3 hours and he was not crying when we arrived to pick him up....he was asleep!!  Needless to say, the last few nights have not been wonderful.  He has been waking up pretty often again.  Who knows when this baby will get himself straightened out with sleep.  He slept about an hour and a half this morning and he's taking a nap now.  He varies so much everyday!




Waiting to eat!
Waiting to eat!

Date night!
Date night!


And just for fun, check out our little jumperoo:



JUUUUUMP!
JUUUUUMP!

5 comments:

Julie said...

It's been a fun week of Christmas hasn't it!! I wish you would post your chocolate peanut butter cookie recipe--they were so good!! And you are right, I can NOT keep eating like this--I will be in serious trouble come January!

Dana/"Meme" said...

I am soooo glad you and Jordan got to go out and enjoy yourselves Friday night! All parents need that!
I am also glad that you both are finally being able to get to know lots of people through your wonderful church!
And winning Bunco again - lucky you! What a beautiful wreath!!
Love all of the pictures. Cannot wait to see you all next weekend and celebrate your birthday, then Jesus' birth!!
Mom and Meme

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

I have a thought about JM's sleeping situation....besides the "full moon effect" that Jordan and I talked about. You have been sooo busy this week, and sometimes the stress you feel crosses over to your baby. Once everything settles, JM will hopefully go back to sleeping soundly. It sounds like y'all had a great time this week. Bunco is a wonderful game for a group of women, because you can play, talk, and eat all at the same time! Maybe we need to take you to Las Vegas...you seem to have luck with the dice!!! Beautiful wreath! We can't wait to have you all back for Christmas. Miss you all so much.

Erin said...

You guys have been busy. Just wanted to say the chicken pot pie was delicious!! I want the recipe :)

Carolyn Tomik said...

Hi Mary.......Happy Birthday soon! Hope we can see you while you are in Al.....Bill & I are all kind of sick for now, but should be well soon. Know that this will be a special Christmas with JM...... Merry Christmas! Carolyn