Monday, December 8, 2008

Fun Weekend

I hate to jinx myself, but it seems like we may have a baby who has decided to sleep through the night.  I can hardly believe it!  After we let him cry it out on Thursday night he slept until almost 5 on Fri night, then 5:40 Sat night, then 6 this morning!!!  I can't believe it.  I'm not sure what has changed, but I am just hoping that it's something that will stick!  It feels so weird for me to be able to sleep.  My body just feels odd getting so much sleep for the first time in so many months.  What an answered prayer!

We did not do too much this weekend.  Bama lost to Florida (boo) and John Michael did not know what to think of his parents jumping up and yelling!  He had the most confused look on his face and he looked a little scared.  We had to reassure him after we yelled at the TV!  Saturday we went to the big open-air mall and  went to Gymboree to get socks for JM's stocking.  They are the only place that has socks that will fit his chunky legs!



Eating pears at the mall.
Eating pears at the mall.

We now have a lovely exersaucer thanks to the Thurmans!  They are letting us use Braxton's and JM really likes it!  He loves all the little animals and things around it!  Notice his tongue sticking out in the picture.  He does that all the time now!

Exersaucer is fun!
Exersaucer is fun!

Earlier in the week we had playgroup and we had a wonderful time.  Sarah Kate is sitting up pretty well now, so she and JM can actually play together instead of just laying and looking at each other!
Deep in thought!
Deep in thought!



[caption id="attachment_232" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="I'm in love with this cute snowman outfit...oh yeah, and the baby in it!"]I'm in love with this cute snowman outfit...oh yeah, and the baby in it![/caption]


Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Sunday morning was hanging of the green at church!  We were late, as usual, and there were NO parking spots!  We had no idea what was going on.  That place was packed out, I mean standing room only.  We finally squeezed in the balcony and I'm glad we were up there.  We could see the whole church draped in lights, gold ribbon, garland, beautiful fruity ornaments, and tons of wonderfully lit Christmas trees in the choir loft.  I wish I could describe it, but it was beautiful and the music was just fantastic.  The little kids cracked me up and I also teared up a bit thinking about JM in just 2 or so short years singing up there.  It was a wonderful service and the choir and orchestra outdid themselves.  What a wonderful way to end a weekend!

Verse O' the Day:

Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

Nehemiah 8:10

3 comments:

laurie said...

I am so happy for your sleep too! Isn't it WONDERFUL? SK slept 12 hours last night and I had to wake her up this morning. Cute pictures!!!!!

Kelly Stamps said...

It's encouraging to think it might just take one night of letting them cry it out. I was worried it would take weeks. All they need is one night and they give up?
I"m so glad JM and SK are both sleeping - you and Laurie probably feel so much better!
I started literally crying during the 3 and 4 year olds singing thinking about how much I can't wait for Harper to be up there singing in her Christmas dress! And how that wil happen sooner than I think!

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

John Michael and Sarah Kate look soooo cute playing together and I might say so grown up!! We are all so glad to hear that the sleeping situation is still improving. Tell JM that Grams and Gamps love him so much and that we are very proud of him for being such a big boy and sleeping all night. Thanks for the beautiful description of your church service. I still remember how nice the Easter service was when we were there last spring. Give JM a kiss from us.