Friday, December 5, 2008

Family Ties

A few weeks ago we took our very first family pictures!  I am so trilled at how they turned out!  I want to post them all, but I am going to wait until we send out our Christmas pictures.  I want it to be a surpirse to our family.  I love surprises.  I will post one super-cute picture though. 



What a cutie pie!
What a cutie pie!

Tomorrow is the big Alabama/Florida game.  It should be a good nail-biter.  I know that we will be watching.  We have the flag flying out front and we put the AL flag on our car!  Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I took some great advice from my other long-suffering, sleep deprived mom, Laurie.  She finally got her baby girl to sleep well during the night by using some tough love.......lots of crying.  I started on Thursday afternoon with naptime and he slept over 2 hours.  Last night JM woke up at 1:00a and I let him cry for a whole hour.  Don't worry now, I comforted him and patted him and I was in there, but I never actually picked him up.  I hated it but he eventually went back to sleep and slept until 6, then Jordan put him in bed with me and he slept until 8:45.  He took an almost 2 hour nap this afternoon and he has been so happy and playful and sweet today.  We're going to try again tonight and see how it goes.  Someway, somehow, I've just got to be able to sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time.  It's killing me.  I look awful a lot of the time and I just need some sleep!  Let's cross our fingers and hope it works!
*"Who, me...I would never wake my mom up 3 or 4 times a night!"*
*"Who, me...I would never wake my mom up 3 or 4 times a night!"*

2 comments:

Dana/"Meme" said...

Love the pictures. John Michael looks like a proper little country gentleman (not like in country music or my big fat redneck wedding, but more like "landed gentry"). HA
Cannot wait to see the rest of the pictures.
Hang in there - John Michael will come around on this sleeping stuff. Just continue the tough love; you have gone sooooo long without sleep. I pray that this works. I am so glad he was happy and content today and actually took naps. I hope he is sleeping great tonight.
Love y'all and ROOOLLLLL TIIIIIIIIIDE!!
Mom/Meme

laurie said...

Good for you! I hope this will work. Last night SK was back to her usual tricks: up every 3 hours. Cute little outfit!