Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Open House






christmastourofhomes





Well, if you didn't know it, now you do!  It's time for BooMama's Tour of Homes!  We didn't too much in the way of elaborate decorations this year.  We still have our little Christmas tree from when we were first married!  I'm hoping next year will be the year that we get a big ole' honkin full, thick, tall, obnoxiously lit tree!  It's our First Christmas with our new baby and the first Christmas in our first home!  How exciting!  So sit back, all you friends and family from back home who can't drop by this Christmas season, and see our house all decorated up in its Christmas finery!
Come on in!
Come on in!



The Nativity


And of course, the dog has to have his own stocking that will be full of Chicken treats and dog loofa toys!


The dog's stocking


This is just part of my village.  I set it up in 3 different locations around the kitchen this year.  Last year I had it all spread out on our bar with lots of fake snow!




Last year I put wee lil votive candles nestled within the red glass beads.  It was very pretty and looked neat with the glow of the tree around.  This year, I stuck our Christmas card in the red beads.


Our coffee table


John Michael got his very own Christmas tree this year.  I dressed his tree up in all the special momentos from these past few months.  I topped the tree with his blue hat from the hospital, hung "first Christmas" ornaments, Alabama ornaments, and anything little boy related!


John Michael's little boy tree


Our Christmas tree


The Mantle.  I am so proud of my mantle this year.  You have to understand that I am not terribly creative in this department and I got some wonderful ideas from The Nesting Place.  Looking at her post made me think I CAN do a garland and make it different and a little unique!




I mixed traditional red berries/lights/garland with BIG magnolias, gold beady-things, feathers, and brown flowing wisteria stuff!  Sounds weird, but it came out well. Plus...ALL half off at Hobby Lobby!  Wonderful!



Our table is now set for Christmas.  I couldn't find a centerpiece, so I made this one from things I had sitting around the house=FREE decorations!


The table is set!



From our home to yours, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, y'all.  Remember, Jesus is the reason for the season!



Here's my attempt to get Jackson to pose beside the tree.  That didn't go very well, as you can tell!



Wait!
Wait!


Be Still!
Be Still!


Sit, Jackson, Sit!

Verse O' the Day:

In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?



Psalm 56:

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Mary Avery - your house looks so pretty! Glad you joined the tour!

Jamie Lea said...

What a beautiful tour and such a sweet little helper :-)

Jill said...

Love it all! Your baby is precious!

Thank you for opening up your home to us!

Merry Christmas!

frenchgardenhouse said...

Everything looks just right! Most especially your adorable John Michael, and his own little tree. What a precious little guy he is. :)

Your mantle is gorgeous, so is everything else, so warm and inviting.

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas in your sweet home. Lidy

Lindsey Langhans said...

I love all of your decorations! Your baby is sooo adorable! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus!

Dana/"Meme" said...

Everything looks beautiful!!!! Wished I could be there to see it all, especially John Michael's tree and your mantle. I love the different elements you added to your mantle. "Good job, ole' girl! Proud of you".
I want to see snow pictures!!!
Love,Mom and Meme

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

You did a fantastic job decorating!! Everything looks so beautiful. Thank you for making us feel like we have been there to see it. Your mantle and table looked so elegant. And of course Nat thought Jack did a great job posing!!! JM and his own little tree is the sweetest!!

Carol said...

Lovely job decorating your home! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Merry Christmas!

Dove said...

Your house looks lovely. I especially love your manger scene. Setting up our village is one of my favorite parts of Christmas! I like your idea of having it in the kitchen. Merry, merry!

Susanne said...

So beautiful! The nativity is gorgeous!