Tuesday, December 9, 2008

7 Months of Learning Experiences

John Michael turned 7 months old yesterday!!  He was a total sweetie and was so happy!  He napped wonderfully and ate some yummy sweet potatoes for lunch!  I still can't believe that he's getting older so quickly.  I've said it about 10 times on here, but time is passing too quickly.  John Michael is sitting perfectly by himself and he is eating a number of foods.  He is seeing things that he wants and he is reaching out to get them.  He is starting to get mad if we take something away from him.  I don't think his object permanence has really set in yet.  He loves his jumperoo and he is literally jumping like a manaic as I type!  Thanks, Aunt Joan for the jumperoo!  He has also mastered his smiles and using his tongue.  He now smiles at things instead of us having to get him to smile, he's starting to just randomly smile at a toy!  How fun.  He also learned to stick his tongue out and he does so quite frequently!



I'm 7 months old!!
I'm 7 months old!!



During lunch John Michael became so interested in my wedding rings!  He played with them and felt all over my hands!  How cute!




Yum!
Yum!

 


Later in the day we headed to the promenade and did some shopping at Sephora.  Unfortunately, none of it was for me, it was all gifts!  I do so love Sephora!  JM did so well.  He was the best little baby there.  Lots of people commented on how good he was and the salesladies pinched his cheeks and played with him. I was thinking, if only you had seen this child 5 months ago!  It was an enjoyable afternoon of shopping with my little guy!


We had women's Bible Study this morning at church followed by the end of the year luncheon.  I had a great time and learned a few more names and faces.  It's really hard to do when you're new somewhere.  I definitely have to get out of my comfort zone sometimes!  We spent a wonderful morning in prayer and then had visitation for the home-bound.  JM did perfect in nursery.  He ate breakfast and lunch there and was a happy camper everytime I checked on him.  I hardly ever leave him, so it's hard for me to be without him!  I am glad to have nursery workers who are so sweet to John Michael.  After church we came home because the weather is N-A-S-T-Y!  Cold, wet, dark, falling temps=yuck!  We have stayed inside today and I like it that way!


Verse O' the Day:



I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in your words.

Psalm 119:147

2 comments:

Kelly said...

He is soooooooooooooo cute!!!!!
I was glad to get to eat with you today at lunch!!!!!!

Jane (Grams/Gran) said...

Happy 7 month old birthday to the most adorable baby in the whole world....even with sweet potatoes all over his face!

When I lived in VA, not knowing many people, our women's Bible Study at church enabled me to make many close friends that I would have never gotten to really know otherwise. I always looked forward to Tuesday mornings and left feeling so very blessed each week.

Maybe John Michael is being such a good boy lately because he knows that Santa is coming soon!!! He is very smart you know : )