Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Little Merry Christmas (& B'day)

We have been so busy since we've made it back home.  We've been wrapping gifts, cooking, and celebrating my birthday!  Yay!  My birthday was Sunday but we didn't do too much to celebrate except open gifts.  I got some wonderful cream/brown pearls, a houndstooth scarf and a few great books from Jordan.  I also got The Office board game!  We've already played and Jordan beat me.  Last night we celebrated my birthday again by having some family and friends over to eat soup and cornbread and a very yummy HUGE cake!




Isn't he too cute?
Isn't he too cute?

My friend Lindsey, brought over her precious baby, Landon!  He's not really a baby, but he's her baby!  John Michael will be about Landon's age next year!  Wow!  That's so hard to imagine.



Those two played all night!
Those two played all night!

My grandfather came into town yesterday to visit with JM.  He is really smitten; it's very endearing to see!  JM is really good for he and Joyce.  He likes for them to rock him (he never lets ME do that!) and he likes to grab at Papaw's face and hair!



Great Papaw and JM
Great Papaw and JM

It's fun to ride a pony!
It's fun to ride a pony!

One thing that has been different this Christmas season is that I have NO desire to get out and about in any crowds.  I don't know if I just don't want to, or I just don't feel like dragging a baby and all the baby stuff out in the cold.  Sunday night Jordan and I decided to go Wal-Mart to finish up our present buying and to buy all of our stuff to make goodies...we went at 11pm and stayed until after midnight. We then went to Sonic and ate....it felt like we were in high school again!   JM was fast asleep at home with Mom and luckily, he never woke up while we were gone.  I called a total of 3 times to check on him!  I just knew that if I had to go to Wal-Mart during the day that I might lose my temper and ruin mine and Jordan's day by having a bad attitude.  Hey, I'm not perfect.



A Very Wigley Christmas!
A Very Wigley Christmas!

MeMe and JM
MeMe and JM

Grams and JM
Grams and JM

JM's not too sure about all this Santa stuff!
JM's not too sure about all this Santa stuff!

Merry Christmas everyone.  I'm really wanting to concentrate on the reason for the season this year.  I hope you do as well.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!!

Carolyn Tomik said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY! CAROLYN & FAMILY

Kelly said...

Enjoy your time in Alabama!!!! Glad you are having fun!!!! Enjoy John Michael's FIRST Christmas!!!!

Lindsey said...

We had a great time! I just love JM's Christmas outfit in the last pictures. Where did you get it?