Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our Saturday

Saturday morning we decided to go to our first Farmer's Market of the season.  It was Matthew's first Farmer's Market ever!  I love our little town square and I love how they have cute little things like this going on downtown!

I've been going through last summer's outfits and JM can wear a few from last year!  Yay!  We found that Matthew can wear a few of JM's from last summer.  They will have to be taken in a little, but basically JM's seersucker alligator outfit fit pretty well!  When you spend a decent amount of money on smocked clothes it's nice to get a lot of wear out of them; you with me on this one?!

Here's our two cuties dressed in green for the morning!  We HAVE to get up earlier to go because it was almost stupid to go this late!



I know this is only half a picture, but this was Matthew's face when we pulled him over to see the fountain in the middle of our square.



You can really see his little brown hair coming in pretty well!



And I cannot tell you how many pictures we have from last summer that look just like this!  John Michael loves the fountain and he loves to put his little toes in the water!  It's our tradition!



He loves water!  While we were there we ran into our neighbors from up the road who have a little boy just a few weeks yonger than Matthew. There are so many little boys in our SS class and we're hoping they grow up to be big pals! They brought their dog and it made us sad we didn't bring Jack.  We have promised him he's going next weekend!



Dadin and John Michael at the fountain



Mama and John Michael.  I'm shocked I actually got in a picture instead of being the one always taking them!



We got some super yummy organic blueberries and let me tell you they were SO good.  We have been snacking on them and JM loved them too.  The little containers from Wal-Mart produce section can't hold a candle to these.



And real quick I wanted to share a yummy ham recipe.  After we got in from the Farmer's Market I didn't have but a few minutes to whip up something and we are SO sick of eating sammiches for lunch on the weekends so I thought we'd eat a "real" dinner!


My mom used to make this but she would get her ham steak a lot thicker than this. 


-Run a knife along the top of the ham and score it into small squares.


-In a sauce pan mix together brown sugar and a bunch of squeezes of mustard.  (Can you tell how exact this is, there's no real recipe!)  Stirring continuously, melt the brown sugar mixture until it's runny.


-Pour brown sugar mixture over ham and put it under the broiler in the oven.  It only takes a few minutes.  Watch it to make sure it doesn't burn under the broiler!



In no time flat we were enjoying this ham, corn on the cob, potatoes (from a packet!) and sweet tea!  Jordan says that this is honestly one of his top favorite meals.  Who knew?!


We love Saturdays around our house!

2 comments:

Dana/Meme said...

I love the expression on Matthew's face at the fountain - and his hands opened up like he wanted to catch the water!
As always, JM likes the water and loves his feetsies being tickled by the trickle from the fountain!
Jack wants to go................................

Jordan Wigley said...

It was a very fun weekend! We did so much... I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way!

And, I do have to admit that I love the ham steak... it's yummy! I hope y'all have a great day today. Love you!