Friday, May 28, 2010

Peas, Please

Last weekend John Michael helped me make baby food for Matthew!  I was making peas and JM looked so interested in what we were making....


So I popped some pureed peas in a little bowl.....



And I was never more shocked when he actually ate them!



I couldn't believe he was eating them!  And, he just kept eating.  Tonight I even defrosted some of the frozen cubes of peas and he ate those with dinner.  This is pretty impressive for a toddler that hasn't eaten anything green in a long, long while! 


And, while it's processed into a thick mush (Matthew is NOT a fan) if it's a way to get him to eat something green, I'm going to stick with it!  I was thinking about ordering "The Sneaky Chef" book.  I figured it might be a way to sneak in some other veggies into his diet!  Thoughts?


Verse O' the Day:



But just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.

1 Thessalonians 2:4

1 comments:

Julie said...

That's great! He must have liked being involved in cooking-good trick to get your kids to eat!