Monday, May 3, 2010

A Weekend of Brotherly Love?

We had a fun but busy weekend!  The forecast was all off on Saturday so we thought we needed to find something to do inside, but as it turns out, the sunshine came out and it was beautiful!  Because we had decided to go to the library and browse and look at the big fish tank, we went anyway!

I got a few random books, we got 2 books for JM, and Jordan got a book on tape.  It sounds sad, but I would just love to go and sit at the library and do nothing but read for a whole afternoon! 

We decided to eat lunch at the little cafe while we were there.  We got chicken salad and it was really good.  I'm super picky about chicken salad and I haven't found any that meets my requirements since I moved up here, so this one was pretty close!  JM had a hot dog, apple sauce, and juice for $3.  Not too shabby! 

We tried and tried to take some pictures of the boys together before we left and this was the best one that we got:


They both had little rugby outfits on! 


JM had never had any Cheetos, so he ate just a few of mine!



It was so nice sitting outside at the library....



It was the perfect day!



What a little mess!  He kills me with those blue eyes!



After the library we wanted to go to the new cupcake shop on our town square, but it was closed for a private party.  This could be the reason why John Michael has been walking around the house asking for "cayke, cayke" for two days now!  He didn't get any cake that day!



Instead we walked to the local park and played for a bit.  For some reason, JM just started going down the slide this way:



Matthew fell asleep in his comfy sling!



I love to see our little guys all scrubbed up and ready for bed in their little pajamas!



Once again, we tried to get their picture together, but it never goes very well!



On Sunday I made pancakes and the pancakes stuck like I have never seen.  I've never had any problems with my griddle before.  I'm still trying to scrape this stuff off!



After church we packed up to go meet a couple in Oklahoma to buy a car for Jordan.  His car died and we had been looking and looking for something old but "new" to us!  I think we found the perfect fit for Jordan and I know he's so glad to drive a car that he hasn't had since high school!



John Michael fell asleep on the way!


Our summer Bible study starts tomorrow and I'm so excited to start a new Beth Moore study!


Verse O' the Day:



Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for You are my praise.

Jeremiah 17:14

2 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Great pictures of the boys. Once Matthew becomes mobile, I imagine that it will be almost impossible to get pics of them together ... haha. JM and I have two things in common that I see here... a love for crunchy Cheetos and the inablility to read without falling asleep...ha!! Our beautiful blue-eyed big boy will have his fill of "cayke" soon :)

Dana/Meme said...

What a nice thing to have at your local library - lunch and an outdoor space! I know y'all had a good day. I love JM going backwards down the slide - such an independent thinker. Matthew will be going down that slide before long - they'll have fun together!
One day, when you can, I want you to go to the library by yourself, read, relax, have lunch and read some more. You deserve some along time!!