Thursday, May 13, 2010

John Michael Turns 2 (Again!)

I am so far behind on so many posts!  I hope I can get around to them this week.  We have had a super-busy week and a half.  We've celebrated a birthday twice, celebrated Mother's Day, had a garage sale two days in a row, and had both sets of parents up to visit back to back.  We're not complaining one bit, though, because we love having family up to visit!

*Let me preface this by saying that we had the party at our neighborhood clubhouse.  I didn't want anyone thinking I outfitted my living room with a huge cowhide on the wall!

Today we hosted playgroup and celebrated John Michael's second birthday!  I say "we" because Jordan took off work and diligently helped me do so many things.  I have such a great guy!  I planned a barnyard birthday party because JM looooves him some E-I-E-I-O and it was great!

Here's JM seeing his big cut-out tractor for the first time!



He and Dada drove the tractor!  If anyone would like to buy this from me, let me know because I DO NOT want to store it!!



I made centerpieces using sunflowers, burlap, and mason jars!



I used the burlap to make a picture collage of a picture from each month of JM's second year.  I mod-podged scrapbook paper onto the letters to spell TWO!  Our favors were Robin's famous cookies and cute little sunglasses!



We hung bandanas in the entry way, had fake barn doors, and used red and white balloons.



We had a cute "little people farm" cake complete with a tractor!  It turned out super cute and it was yummy!



Matthew was excited to be accessorizing with our barn theme!



Here's the "little baby" section with lots of toys for the little ones.



John Michael had such a fun time playing with all of his friends!



Just the 3 of us, JM was off playing somewhere!  And yes, mom, my hair is dark but it's supposed to get lighter in the next week or so!  I've got my fingers crossed!



Braxton enjoyed the tractor!



Oh how JM loves "cayke!"  He was such a big boy sitting with the "big kids".



Matthew was tired from all of the excitement of the day!



Near the end of the party we took a little break to read a book that JM found with all the baby toys!  Sarah Kate joined us as well!



And then we found these two monkeys playing in JM's new Thomas the Train folding tent!  This tent is awesome and I think each child played in it at least once!  I love that it pops up and then folds down flat!



We had such a fun day!  We were so glad to be able to celebrate JM's birthday with our family and all of his friends from our wonderful church family.  You always hear the phrase "children are a blessing from the Lord" but you never take it seriously until you have your own children.  They are such a blessing!  We are thankful that we get to call John Michael "ours" every single day!  I know he had a wonderful day playing with his friends and eating "cayke!"

4 comments:

Rebecca Lingerfelt said...

Mary,
Darling party! I have an idea about your decorations though. The Lifeway theme for this year's VBS is Saddle Ridge Ranch and I'm SURE there is a church in your area that would LOVE that tractor as a prop for either a classroom, worship area, or picture opp! You might want to think about that! If I lived near you, I would be getting it, but Orlando is a wee bit far to ship something like that! : )
You have a precious family and I know you are so richly blessed! Have a great weekend!

Amy said...

Oh, Wow!! Looked like such a fun party!! So sorry we had to miss. You should go into business MA. So cute!!

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

It was a great party and SO many adorable little children!! We were so happy to be there to watch JM celebrate with his friends. You did such a great job decorating and planning his party. JM is really a big boy now and Matthew is not far behind!! You, Jordan, and the boys are blessed to have so many loving, Christian friends. It was a fun day and we are missing you all so much today!

Erin said...

We were sad to miss the party but looks like you had a great time! I didn't know you were such a talented party planner. I'll remember that next time an event rolls around! :)