Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Fun!

I was so happy that we had a long weekend!  We got a lot accomplished.  Jordan mowed the grass, we got our garden together (although the tomato plants aren't looking too hot) did some shopping, went to the Farmer's Market and hosted a get-together!

We decided that we should go to Branson on Sunday.  I know, I know, we're heathens, but it was the only day that we could do what we needed to get done.  I would have loooved to have gone to Silver Dollar City while we were there, but it just didn't pan out this trip.  Maybe another trip.

So, we packed up bright and early and headed out.  We stopped off for gas and got McDonald's breakfast to go.  I have recently become obsessed with their coffee!  mmmm!  Matthew slept most of the way, John Michael watched Baby Einstein Old McDonald, and Jordan and I got to talk, talk, talk!  I love when that happens in the car!


The reason we had to go to Branson was to swap some shoes that I got for Jordan from our last trip there with Jordan's mom and sister.  I got the wrong size!  I didn't take any pictures of us shopping because you can imagine how happy a 2 year old and a 6 month old were to be shopping!


I also finally got a really good pair of walking shoes.  I've had New Balance for forever but they always hurt me and they just never quite fit my high arch.  Well, a saleslady helped me find THE perfect shoe and when I put it on it was heaven!  I was thinking, what have I been doing all these years wearing stupid New Balance that hurt my instep?!!  I love them and they have pink and green paisley on the inside, so that makes them even better!


My favorite deal of the day was a pair of $8 seersucker shorts at Gymboree.  I'm a sucker for seersucker!


After we ran those two places at the outlets we packed up to go get some lunch and John Michael fell fast asleep, I mean hard too!  That put us in a pickle because we were really hungry and Matthew needed to eat as well.  We pulled over at a random restaurant and I fed Matthew and then went inside to get some burgers to go. 


While I was waiting on our order JM woke up and he was NOT happy about it at all.  Jordan brought them inside the restaurant and we ate together.  JM refused to eat anything and he was really terrible while we were there.  You don't mess with this boy's naps!



Matthew ate some pears and sat in a big boy restaurant seat for the first time, although I had to keep my hand behind him the whole time!  I wish I could name this restaurant but I don't know the name.  It was VERY good.  They mainly have burgers, shakes, and hot dogs.  It was a cute family run business and they really made you feel like family while you were there.  It was kind of like an Everybody Loves Raymond kind of family running it!  Maybe it was Bob's Dairyland or Bob's Hamburgers?  I don't know, but if you're in Branson you should go.  It's a small little place tucked in beside a gas station and The Rib Crib!



Jordan and I split a homemade fried peach pie while we were there!  Yummy!  John Michael was NOT happy and he kept saying Go, Go!



We got home by dinnertime and Jack was happy to see us!  We immediately started cleaning the house and getting things in order because we had decided to see if anyone else was like us and had ZERO plans for Memorial Day.  Turns out, quite a few didn't have plans either!


I made a few calls and sent a few emails and it turned out everyone could come. This was so last minute it wasn't even funny!  I decided to make slow cooker BBQ and we still had a lot of things like plates and forks leftover from John Michael's birthday party. 



John Michael and Parker played out back and ate at the picnic table!  It was supposed to be really bad thunderstorms, but for the 648th time this year, the weathermen were really, really wrong!



There were moms, dads, babies, and little ones everywhere!  I know we are going to look back on these pictures one day and miss when all of our little ones were this little and how we used to get together.  There's nothing like a full house, even if we don't have room for everyone to sit down and eat!



We turned on the sprinkler and John Michael had a blast!  Parker was a little more unsure after JM accidentally picked up the sprinkler to show him!



We had such a good time!  All of the food was so yummy and there were 3 different chocolate desserts.  We don't play around with dessert!



We should have 3 day weekends more often!  We got so much done!

2 comments:

Rachel Pugh said...

Mary! You are such a great blogger :) Your boys are precious & I'm so glad you are doing well!

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

JM looks so cute in his little swimmies with his "Pooh" belly ..hehe. Looks like he had fun playing in the sprinkler. Holidays are fun especially when you share them with friends or family. Matthew looks like he's so big sitting up at the restaurant. Looked like a cute little burger joint! Glad y'all had a wonderful weekend :)