Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Little Update Plus Decorating!

We've had an eventful couple of days around our house!  I took it easy over the weekend and let Jordan handle John Michael and do everything around the house.  I've been experiencing some abdominal muscle/ligament pain.  I rested my stomach muscles over the weekend and it got better but it came back on Monday night.

I headed to the doctor on Tuesday afternoon and they basically said it's not going to get any better until I deliver.  It's really hard to force myself to realize I can't pick everything up and that I really do need to take it easy over these next month or two.  Luckily, my husband is wonderful and he has been taking care of so many things around the house at the end of the night. 

Surprisingly, I woke up this morning with NO pain at all.  I know if I push it or do too much it could flare up again, so I'm going to wear my maternity belt every single day, try not to do any housework, and hopefully I will be pain free through the rest of the pregnancy!  I was really down last night....of course as a mom I was wondering how am I going to take care of my family, my house, the laundry.  How am I going to make sure John Michael doesn't feel that I'm forgetting about him since I'm trying not to pick him up as much. 

We really prayed about it and we really feel God is just going to take care of us over these next few weeks until the delivery.  We have in-laws coming in this weekend and then my mom and brother are coming at the end of October.  I know it's going to help me so much to have family up to help us!  We've also had so many wonderful friends from church ask us over and over if we need anything and that feels so nice to know if we really need them, they're there.

Moving on!  I'm not doing too much in the way of decorating for fall.  I have a lot of Halloween things, but for now I'm just doing a few fall decorations around the house!

I have a glass jar that I filled with lemons for the summer, so I filled it with apples and different small gourds for fall.  It resides on the kitchen table!



Later, after I unpacked some boxes I found this little pumpkin wreath so I wrapped it around the glass jar and I think it looks pretty good!  John Michael is in the background eating his "crackah"!



And, is it crazy that it makes me insanely happy everytime I light my new fall candle?!  The best part is that I randomly found it at Wal-Mart and it was on Roll Back!  Whoo hoo!  It smells heavenly.



Next, I put a fall leaf swag on the fireplace mantle.



Looks so fall-ish!



I also decided instead of buy the $100 wreath that I fell in love with, I would just reuse my old wreath and stick in a few pieces that I already had and then added some pumpkins for fall!



Yeah, you can't see it from the street, but it's pretty cute!



Tomorrow is pumpkin patch day and I can't wait!  I know I'll have some super-cute pictures to share!

6 comments:

Kacy said...

Rest, rest, rest! I hope the next few weeks go smoothly for you. I am sending you an email with an idea I had . . .

Kelly said...

I would seriously love to keep JM ANYTIME! or cook for you. I may just insist soon! Thinking about you and get some rest!

Dana/Meme said...

Love your fall decorations - your wreath turned out cute!
Rest as much as possible, do as little that uses those abdominal muscles and let JM help a little. Get him to pick up something for you and hand it to you - he'll begin to feel like a big boy. You are going to need his little help some when the baby comes! He can do it!
Take care - love ya'

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

I love all your fall decorations. The little pumpkin wreath adds another dimension to the gourds/apples in the jar! We are SO looking forward to being there Sunday. It made me feel better yesterday when we talked to hear that your pain was gone. Just please take it easy till we get there. Can't wait to eat "crackahs" with JM!!! haha

Amy said...

Girl, put your feet up. I totally know how you feel. Those last 3 months when I was pregnant with the twins were so tough. My Mom forced me to ride around in the electric buggy anywhere we went. I was soooo embarrassed, but it did help tremendously.

I still have those necklaces if you want to borrow...I could drop them off tomorrow. Let me know.

Amy said...

Oh, and I forgot to say...LOVE the decorating!!!