Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Here are a few of our favorite things, as of late!

We now have John Michael's pumpkin shirt for Halloween!  A girl from Sunday School does these, along with monogramming.  I love this shirt so much!  His name is just so cute with the candy corns.  We also have a pumpkin shirt that Meme bought him, so he's going to be ready for October!


Here's our most favoritest books!  I cannot tell you how many times a day we read "One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish".  He loves it. He calls it "shhhhh" when he sees it; his word for fish!


 He also loves his "I love you daddy" book!  He picks up the book and says "Dadin, Dadin, Dadin!"...don't ask me why he calls Jordan Dadin, he just does!


I'm so glad he has let us read to him these past few months!



One of our favorite afterwork activities with Dada is reading books.  I let Jordan read them at night after work because I have already read them about 2 dozen times that day!



Another favorite that JM has recently discovered is this old print from the office.  He discovered it when we started taking everything off the walls to get the nursery ready.  If you can't tell, it's a Gene Stallings print that has football players on it.


John Michael loves to sit in front of it and point at the football players and then do his throw the ball motion.



He seriously loves it and wants to pick it up and take it with him to go play!



What a little mess.  I really do think he loves football already!



And this is one of my favorite things! When I saw this picture I knew I had to get it on canvas and get it framed.  I love it.  He reminds me of the Gerber baby and I just always want to remember him looking so precious. 



I got a steal on this ready-made frame at Hobby Lobby.  It was already half-off and I talked them down even further because it has a scratched place and the only other one had a gash in it!  I was so proud of myself.  I think the frame looks great with it.  It's hanging on our bare entryway wall.  I'll eventually get some sort of little table to go in the entryway!


Alabama won, so it's a happy weekend around here for us!  Roll Tide!

3 comments:

Robin Harper said...

I LOVE that shirt with his name on it! I almost ordered that same style for Caleb but we got the one with the turkey. Can't wait until it's done! I love that frame too!!

Jane(Grams/Gran) said...

The shirt is adorable!! And I love the framed canvas. That is one of my all time favorite pictures of JM. Great frame too. I love a girl who can get a good bargain!! Doesn't that just make your day...haha! And we can't wait to come and get a little reading time of our own in!
Miss y'all.

Dana/Meme said...

It looks like JM is "laying hands" on Coach Stallings - very sacred! HA
His portrait is beautiful. Judd calls it the "Gerber Baby" picture!