Saturday, January 3, 2009

What a long strange trip...

Quick update, I'll elaborate more tomorrow IF and WHEN we ever make it home.  We are in a hotel somewhere along I-40 on our way back home to NWA.   I've smacked my own head with the car door leaving a minor lump, Jordan sliced open his finger and blood started flying everywhere while he was trying to move a bed in this crazy hotel room.  Jackson is barking non-stop and growling at the hotel door and he, of course, pooped immediately upon entering the room, all the while I'm trying to nurse a baby to sleep who is crying and performing circus-like acts of rolling around the bed and trying to crawl around while wanting to nurse to sleep.  We have nothing to drink (we resorted to trying to dig out John Michael's PediaLyte with no luck) and to top it all of, we don't have any toothpaste.  YUM!  I'm scared to drink the water out of the tap.  Are we being too Monkish?

We have all of our bags packed and ready by the door so that we can get up as soon as possible in the morning and get outta here!!!  Here's a hint as to how bad it is:  Jordan is sleeping beside John Michael in the bed with his clothes and shoes still on.  We wanna go home!  Now, I'm off to try and find a place to sleep in this little bed with Jackson at our feet and John Michael between the two of us.  The only saving grace for me tonight...Baymont Inn and Suites has internet access.  Ah, how wonderful!  Wish us good sleep and happy travels.  The holidays: Blarg!

1 comments:

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

I sure hate that your hotel experience was so bad. It's never easy staying in a hotel room with a dog....much less a dog and a baby!!! It used to freak me out so when Sami would be sniffing all over the carpet and bedspread. It just confirms your suspicions of all the "stuff" that looms on both. After just talking with y'all on the phone, I'm glad that you're almost home. And after the trip back, you will appreciate your home even more. We miss y'all already, but nothing like "Home Sweet Home" !