Tuesday, January 6, 2009

An Organized Mess

We have decided that 2009 will be the Year of Organization.  Why, you might ask???  Well, when we moved into our lovely new house I was close to 9 months pregnant.  In hindsight, not such a great idea to move while you're that pregnant.  We had help from my family first and then the movers came and did the rest!  That being said, things just had to put wherever because I was not physically able to unpack and organize things because of my huge stomach and my siatic nerve pain down my back that prevented me from walking or standing. 

I, very naively, thought that I could just unpack and organize while my precious newborn slept the day away.  I would of course have make-up on and have my hair done while I unpacked boxes and organized my lovely new house.  Babies sleep up to 20 hours a day, right?  I had no idea what was in store for us with our precious newborn. 

 


Bless his heart.  He wasn't all bad but Lord, that child cried for about 14 weeks.  I was traumatized, he was traumatized and it was WAY hard all through the summer.  Anyway, that's a story for another post.  Telling this story leads me to this post about organizing.  I had NO time to organize and unpack boxes like I would have liked.  I feel like things have just now slowed down enough that I can start organizing things and working on our house.  For pete's sake, the child's just now taking one hour naps!


We have very lofty goals for our home and we are hoping to work on them throughout the year.  I would love to say that I'm going to decorate every single room in the house, but I know that it's going to be room-by-room basis.  It may take quite some time ( & money) to get everything how we would like it.


Here are a few of our goals for 2009:


Organize Pantry - it NEVER got organized and it's a mess with nothing in a proper place.


Organize Laundry Room - possibly paint it yellow with cute blue accents!


Paint JM's bathroom and hang cute shower curtain and find cute accessories


Visit tanning bed more often (that one's for me because I am MO KINDA white)


Organize garage and go through boxes


Decorate guest bedroom and bathroom


Organize office


Learn to cook more with a slow cooker


Oh yeah....and lose 40 pounds.


And to close, a super cute picture of John Michael so that you won't think that he was such a bad, colicky baby.  If that's what I had to go through to get this, then it was well, well worth it.  We couldn't be any luckier!



Jordan Michael and John Michael!
Jordan Michael and John Michael!

2 comments:

Dana/Meme said...

You DID have such a hard time, for sooooo long!! I do not know how you made it through all of your sicknesses and pain during the pregnancy, shopping for a house, packing and moving, an unexpectedly early delivery (caught you off guard), a difficult baby to take care of, loss of sleep, post-partum problems of all kinds; should I name more?

Anyway, I am glad you feel up to attacking your goals. Just remember that Rome wasn't built in a day, and all of this will not be quick. Just do a little each day, keep plugging away at it, and it will eventually get organized!

Your dad used to tell me when we had 3 babies under age 4, "this house will still be here when the children are gone, but your time with them is quite limited - take advantage of the time with your babies, and the other things aren't as important"!!!

I wish all of you a happy, HEALTHY, organized and blessed New Year!
Love ya'll!

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

My mother once cross-stitched a pillow for me with the following verse on it:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait until tomorrow, because babies grow up, I've learned to my sorrow. So hush-a-bye cobwebs, dust, go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!

My mother was a very smart person and was so right on this. You just set aside some time each day to get some of the things on your list done....but always remember that in a blink of an eye JM will be a young man like my baby is now.