Friday, January 16, 2009

Super Mom, Sort of

Yesterday we woke up to snow!  As any good southern girl does, I freaked out and just HAD to run to the store for a few groceries!  The problem was that we did not have any dog food for Jack or turkey for my daily turkey sammich with sun chips, and we just couldn't let Jackson go hungry while it snowed, now could we?!  I dressed John Michael up in his blue snow suit and packed he and Jack up in the car and headed to the grocery store.  We made it down the steep driveway since the snow was just fluffy! I prayed the whole way down.  I was so proud of myself for driving in the snow!
Look how THRILLED he is to be in 10 degree snow!
Look how THRILLED he is to be in 10 degree snow!

After we got home from the grocery store I was motivated to CLEAN!  I swept the kitchen, then swiffered it for good measure, then mopped!  I also vacuumed the den, John Michael's room, and cleaned the hardwoods.  I did the dishes and some laundry!  I had so much energy to get lots of things done.  It could have been from the oatmeal cream pie that I ate for breakfast?!

To continue my day as super mom, I popped some chicken in the crockpot around 4 and I didn't have to lift another pretty little finger for dinner.  I made this recipe from a blog that I read.  I messed up a little though with my BBQ sauce, so I'm sure next time it will be better.  It was so easy and very good!  I'm slowly making good on my New Year's resolution to cook more in my crock pot so that I have more time with Jordan and John Michael at night.  I love when things are easy breezy.

We basically just stayed in out of the cold and played and napped yesterday!  John Michael is really wanting to crawl but he also likes to be up on his legs so that he can practice walking while holding onto us!  Perhaps today we will venture out since it's warming up a little bit.



[caption id="attachment_399" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="JM loves his Fisher Price activity table that he got for Christmas!"]JM loves his Fisher Price activity table that he got for Christmas![/caption]




[caption id="attachment_400" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="He wants to crawl so badly!"]He wants to crawl so badly![/caption]




[caption id="attachment_401" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Daddy can show you how!"]Daddy can show you how![/caption]




[caption id="attachment_402" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="You can do it!"]You can do it![/caption]







[caption id="attachment_406" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Whhhhheeeeeee!"]Whhhhheeeeeee![/caption]




If you get a chance today, please say a prayer for Baby Brayden and also Kelly.  Baby Brayden is a newborn who is having trouble with his lungs.  He has been diagnosed with Primary Pulmonary Hypertension and is on a vent in Little Rock.  Keep this family in your prayers as mommy recovers from a C-section and they struggle with watching their little one struggle.  I cannot imagine what they are going through right now.  Also, Kelly is having her baby today and we just pray for a safe, healthy delivery and a healthy baby and mama!  The blogging world is just waiting for Harper to arrive!

P.S.  OK, so I'm not super mom or anywhere close to that.  I didn't even know that JM threw up EVERYWHERE during his nap.  I had his video monitor beside me the whole time, but I didn't really notice.  Eh, this is just one more new-mom hurdle that I'm learning to jump with grace!  We've been to the doctor and I think his bug is just hanging around for a while.  He's lost a little weight; that's a first!  Hopefully he will be back to normal soon!

Verse O' the Day:

Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.

Psalm 71:17-18

2 comments:

Robin Harper said...

I love that little tongue sticking out while he's walking! so cute!

Dana/Meme said...

I loved seeing JM is his light blue snow suit and playing with the Fisher Price activity table. Such cute pictures and soooo many of them! Love to see lots of pictures.
Praying for Brayden and Harper and families!