Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Dog Smells Like Throw Up

It's true.  When John Michael came down with the stomach bug today, he hurled on our poor, unsuspecting bichon frise.  Unfortunately, Jackson loves any kind of baby throw up or spit up so he immediately began licking ALL over the place.  Not a pretty sight.  Even after a min-wash Jackson smells REALLY bad.  SInce he's so fluffy and curly we can't just wash him like normal.  He HAS to be taken to the groomer.  We can't get within a four foot radius of him.  Hopefully the groomer can squeeze us in in the next day or two.  I think I'm going to cancel our vet appointment tomorrow since JM is sick.  Besides, I wasn't sure how I was going to handle Jack with JM on my hip. 



I know one more child from playgroup-church who has the stomach bug.  I surely hope no more will get it!  I am hoping that he will all better by tomorrow.  I'm not sure how tonight will go.  Good News:  JM slept until 8 and 7am this weekend.  I'm not sure why he did, but I don't want this sickness to mess with this great sleep!  You would think that more sleep would make me feel better but for some reason it makes me feel worse to be able to get solid sleep for a few nights.  My body is not used to it!

Besides all this, we had a pretty fun weekend.  We went to Fayetteville and got my rings cleaned, went to Rick's Bakery, spent some of JM's Christmas money and used a gift certificate at the mall!
Hola from Rick's Bakery
Hola from Rick's Bakery

We Match!
We Match!

Mama and JM
Mama and JM

Rick's Bakery...we were so bad!
Rick's Bakery...we were so bad!

Next we went to Target to get JM a toy storage rack.  It has several shelves with plastic tubs of different sizes.  It has helped us with all the toys that we got for Christmas.  They are now nicely stored away!  I thought it would fit in the closet, but it doesn't quite fit.  It's in his room for now!

Product Image


We are officially on baby-watch over at Kelly's Korner!  Kelly is due tomorrow, but who knows when Baby Harper will show up!  We are praying for a safe, healthy delivery.  We hope Harper comes soon!


Verse O' the Day:










 But just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.

1 Thessalonians 2:4

 


 

5 comments:

Joan said...

Is it wrong of me to laugh hysterically at the fact that your baby threw up on your dog?

Kacy Murray said...

Poor Jackson. Poor, poor Jackson.

Kelly said...

Poor JM - hope he feels better.
Bring Jackson over - Scott gives Dawson a bath every Sunday night. He does a good job but D HATES it - as soon as he hears the bath water - he runs and hides under a chair but he is always so happy afterwards and he always smells pretty good until about Fr/sat. ha!
P.S. I don't think Harper knows she's "due" anytime soon. ha!

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

I hope that JM is feeling better today and had another good night's sleep. And somehow I feel that Jackson isn't nearly as upset as you are that he has throw up on him...haha.

Dana/Meme said...

What else could happen to y'all but Jackson being thrown up on? And having to live around him until he can get to the groomer! I've heard it all.
I am waiting on Harper too!!