Monday, November 10, 2008

Random Monday

We have a new member of our family!  He's cute, cuddly, has a big nose and floppy ears!  Jackson is terrified of him and has barked at him all day!  Check out John Michael's Christmas gift that we got today at Sam's!  I'm in love!



Lil Big Al!
Lil Big Al!

In other news, we had John Michael's 6 month doctor's visit today and all is well.  He weighs 20 pounds 6 ounces and is 28 inches long.  He has grown about 3 inches from last visit!  He is such a big boy!  He got his immunizations, and although he has been a little fussy tonight, he has done fine with them.  We will be starting a "real" meal plan tomorrow!  He will be having cereal 3x a day and also food 3 x a day.  I am having a hard time deciding which food to start with.  It seems like it is up to me whether or not I want to start with a fruit or a vegetable.  Any suggestions?  All this food stuff is very confusing to me.  There's so much to learn and consider.  We are in desperate need of a high chair.  I'm going to try and look around online to see if we see any that we like. 



After our doctor's appointment we headed to Walgreens to take advantage of their deals of the week.  I've been disapointed the past few weeks because they haven't had any good register rewards.  This week I had a coupon for $1.50 off Pampers and Walgreens had them for $9.99 plus $1 in register rewards.  I also got 4 boxes of cereal for $10 with $2 in register rewards.  So, with my $3 in register rewards I got 6 rolls of wrapping paper (buy 1 get 2 free) and 3 gift bags (buy 1 get 2 free) and paid around $6, I think.  Not too shabby!


One more topic and then I'm done...promise!  I never got to post our pictures from Tuscaloosa.  I think I'm just going to post a little each day so that I can get them all in.  We had a great time at homecoming and we got to visit with so many friends and family.  We went to the quad on Friday night and took Jackson with us.  He had a great time!  He loves being around people.  We met some other bichons that night and they all liked each other so much!  Bichons are the best dogs!



That's a lot of bichons!
That's a lot of bichons!

John Michael was a mouse for Halloween, but his costume looked so much like an elephant.  We got so many compliments on it!  I guess people thought we had dressed him up as Big Al for halloween!



Cutest mouse I ever saw!
Cutest mouse I ever saw!

We walked around campus and took some lovely pictures of some of our favorite landmarks all lit up at night.



Denny Chimes
Denny Chimes

 After the bonfire we headed over to see the homecoming lawn decorations on sorority row. We stopped by my old sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and I was so excited to see that the lawn decoration was actually good this year.  They did a really good job on it.  Honestly, they usually don't do a very good job and it looks like poo.  I'm surprised they didn't win!
The front lawn of the Alpha Gamma Delta house.
The front lawn of the Alpha Gamma Delta house.

It was a good night.  John Michael's first Homecoming and Halloween all in one night!

2 comments:

Jane (Gran/Grams or whatever) said...

I LOVE the elephant!!!! I can't wait to see John Michael playing with it. We enjoyed having you both here for a couple of weeks and also spending time in Tuscaloosa with all three of you. We already are looking forward to Thanksgiving. Please tell John Michael his Grams loves him so much. I look forward to seeing pictures of him eating his "big boy" food!!

Kelly Stamps said...

Bichons ARE the best dogs! :-)
John Michael looked cute in his costume! Love the pictures from Alabama - it's neat to see other places. Your sorority house looks neat - I love the big old sorority houses at SEC schools.
I've been waiting for something I need at Wal-greens too but I'm going to try and take advantage of the Pampers deal. That's something I need to stock up on!