Thursday, November 20, 2008

First Things First!

The past week or so has held a lot of "firsts" for John Michael!  He is growing so fast and I don't want him to keep growing and getting older!  John Michael had his first "big boy" bath in our big bathtub.  He is sitting up so well and he has the best time splashing around and reaching for his new tub toys.  He truly loves it!



Splish Splash boy!
Splish Splash boy!

Now that John Michael is sitting up pretty well, I decided that I should give the shopping cart a try.  I finally got to use my handy shopping cart cover and it worked so well.  It kept him strapped in, plus it is padded and I can attach toys to it.  He liked it and he did well sitting up while we did some grocery shopping at Wal-Mart.  My little baby should not be old enough to be sitting up in a shopping cart!!!!!
This is new!
This is new!



Our shopping cart cover also came in handy for John Michael to sit up in his first high chair at Applebee's.  He did a pretty good job and he had fun being able to sit up and see everything.  The only problem with him sitting up is that he wants to look up at everything on the ceiling and his head kept falling backwards! 
Sittin' up!
Sittin' up!

Look how straight I sit!
Look how straight I sit!

My first Christmas tree experience!  We're just getting started!
My first Christmas tree experience! We're just getting started!

 And yes, even though it goes against everything that I believe in, we put up the tree.  I decided that since it's our first Christmas in our first home and it's John Michael's first Christmas, I would like to enjoy Christmas decoations for as long as possible.  My village is set up (but not all the 1,000 plugs are plugged in yet) the tree is up with tree skirt and cascading bows, lights in the windows, and wreath on the front door!  John Michael has his very own lil boy tree in his nursery that I'm going to fill with lots of fun and interesting ornaments. More about that later.  Tomorrow is Friday!

Verse O' the Day:

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

1 Peter 5:10

4 comments:

Kacy said...

I love the hat! He's doing a great job of sitting up. When you get done decorating your house, come on over to mine - ha!!

Robin Harper said...

He looks so cute in the shopping cart! We're getting the Christmas decorations out this weekend, I can't wait! What kind of village do you have? My mom and my sister and I have collected the Snow Village for years and I love having them all set up and the lights on at night.

Kelly said...

Oh - JM is getting so big - look at all the new things he can do!!!!! HOW FUN! He will be walking and talking before you know it!
We are putting up a small tree this weekend because I think I've reached the threshold where if I don't do it now - it won't get done. Plus I LOVE christmas and want to enjoy it as long as possible!

Dana/"Meme" said...

Your dad just loves the picture of JM in the cart with the hat!!
Mom