Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Need More Cowbell!

At church this morning we had Kelly's baby shower for Baby Harper!  Everything looked just wonderful with accents of pink and brown.  I made spinach dip and put it inside of a hollowed-out purple cabbage.  I always love spinach dip with fritos.  It's always so good and such a dependable treat to make and serve.  The food was really good and it looked so pretty set up on the tables.  The punch was especially yummy!



Coffee and water.
Coffee and water.

Kelly got so many wonderful gifts.  Baby Harper will not go without bottles, burp cloths, diapers, dresses, and other generally cute stuff!  Kelly opened gifts for about 2 whole hours!
The gift table.
The gift table.

Laurie helped Kelly write down all her gifts!
Laurie helped Kelly write down all her gifts!

 I gave Harper a precious, light pink smocked dress that will be perfect for summertime.  Ginger's little girl, Alex, helped Kelly open all of her presents! She was a wonderful present helper. That's her in the far left corner looking at the dress.


A wonderful morning was had by all!  Showers are so much fun.  It's so nice to celebrate precious babies that God has given us.  No doubt, Harper will be so loved, wanted, and spoiled rotten-like all little girls should be!


------------------------------------------------------


Now....to the cowbell!  Tonight is the Alabama vs. Mississippi State ballgame in T'town.  Of course, we'll be watching and eating leftover spinach dip...lots of spinach dip.  John Michael was dressed in his Alabama gear this morning ready to cheer on the Tide!



Ready for the game!
Ready for the game!

Let's hope this face doesn't forecast what's to come tonight!
Let's hope this face doesn't forecast what's to come tonight!

We all know how John Michael's church nursery friend, Baby Wells, loves his cowbell!  I'm sure Wells will be cheering on MS State and JM will be cheering on the Tide tonight.  To be honest, I don't know why they have a cowbell or what it means, but I know Wells sure looks cute posing next to it!  They may not be friends tomorrow at church nursery.  Kacy has already warned me not to dress JM in anything Alabama tomorrow, but you never can tell what will happen during a ballgame.  IF MS State wins, you betcha Wells will be in his MS State outfit!  Mike would be so proud.  The game is on and it's a sell-out crowd of 92,000+.  I know Dad and Ray are going to have a great time!  Coach Croom and Dad played football together at UA in the '70s and still keep in touch from time to time.  Hey folks, seven degrees of seperation!  Roll Tide y'all!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for helping me with my shower - it was soooo nice!
I'm wondering what Laurie was telling me in that picture - it looks like it was something funny!
I LOVE that dress you got me. LOVE it!
We are watching the game now - it's already too close, huh?

Judy said...

it was so nice to meet you today and loved seeing John Michael. He is a doll and all boy!!

I really didn't know who gave Kelly the little pink smocked dress but I told Kelly's mother-in-law when I saw her open it that that was the most darling dress and the most feminine!

Thank you girls for all you did for Kelly today!
Kelly's Mom....Judy Martin

Kacy Murray said...

John Michael can go ahead & wear the AL stuff tomorrow - I think Mike's come to terms with the loss. Some SEC team needs to win it all! I have a SEC matching game that Wells & JM will have to play when they get older!!