Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dedication

What a wonderful Sunday we have had!  We did John Michael's baby dedication today at church and it was SO wonderful!  I was baptized at 12th Street Baptist Church, was born into this church, and Jordan and I were married there.  John Michael did wonderfully, he just looked out at the crowd and looked around and looked at the pastor, like he understood what he was saying! Brother Craig said the most wonderful things, it brought tears to my eyes.  He talked about how we and our parents had been praying for this baby and that John Michael was so loved.  I just loved the sweet things that he had to say about our families and us.  He also talked about John Michael's name; he talked about what each name meant and John and Michael from The Bible.  
The only picture that came out well!
The only picture that came out well!

We took so many pictures after church.  My aunts and my grandparents drove up for the dedication and our parents were there.  After church, we all came home and ate some seriously yummy food. 




Papaw and JM
Papaw and JM

Papaw, JM, and Dad.
Papaw, JM, and Dad.

Four Generations!
Four Generations!

The Great Aunts!
The Great Aunts!

My Two Brothers!
My Two Brothers!

After church we came home and ate and ate and ate!  We had the best time visiting and John Michael got to be held by everyone.  He's going to be so spoiled when we get back home!



I can't imagine a yummier dessert table!
I can't imagine a yummier dessert table!

We have so many fun things planned for this Thanksgiving week.  I hope everyone remembers to be thankful for all of the "little" things in your lives...we are!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like such a neat day! I got real confused at first because I thought "wait did I miss baby dedication somehow???" ha!
Hope you have a great thanksgiving!!!

Julie said...

How special that JM was dedicated in a church that has such a meaningful place in your life. Your family is beautiful, and I know they must have been so happy to have been a part of your day! Have a great Thanksgiving!