Friday, November 28, 2008

In Everything, Give Thanks!

What a special Thanksgiving this year with a little one at our table!  We began JM on sweet potatoes so that he could join in on our Thanksgiving feast.  He likes them pretty well, but he really likes the apricots that I made today!  I simply bought a bag of dried apricots and hydrated them with water and juice, then I pureed them!  Pretty easy and he liked them so much!  We ate Thanksgiving two times yesterday.  JM refused to sleep ALL afternoon but I got a nap, as I am under the weather with an icky cold or something.



All the men frying up a turkey!
All the men frying up a turkey!



[caption id="attachment_182" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Check out our new big boy sippy cup!"]Check out our new big boy sippy cup![/caption]

Sweet potatoes at Gran's Thankgiving table.
Sweet potatoes at Gran's Thankgiving table.

We had such wonderful Thanksgiving foods at both parent's houses.  It's so nice to be with family and watch them play with and love on John Michael.  This Thanksgiving I thought back to last Thanksgiving when I was still pregnant.  I could hardly sit at the table because of the smell of all the food made me sick.  I was able to eat a few bites but that was all, then I slept all day on the couch!  I guess I was about 4 months pregnant and JM was still a teeny fetus and here he is, this year with us!  It's so amazing to think back on and to realize how we can't imagine life without him!
Such a big boy at MeMe's Thanksgiving table!
Such a big boy at MeMe's Thanksgiving table!

MeMe's Thanksgiving table
MeMe's Thanksgiving table

There are so many things that I'm thankful for this year.  I don't have the time or the room to type them all but I am most thankful to God for giving us our family:
Our Little Family
Our Little Family

----------------------------------

And just for fun, I thought I would share a few pictures of John Michael enjoying his freshly-made apricots!  They're too funny not to share!




Verse O' the Day:



Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
Proverbs 31:30

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Happy Thanksgiving! John Michael is so precious! I love your blog and I read it everyday!

Kelly said...

It looks like ya'll are having a wonderful thanksgiving!!!! Be careful coming home!

laurie said...

I love all your Thanksgiving pictures.