Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Alabama Football Is...

Since Alabama is currently ranked #1, I thought that I would write a little about what my school means to me....sounds like a 4th grade homework assignment!  I got this list from an email, but I just loved it so much that I had to blog about it!  No doubt, my family's blood runs crimson and white!

It is Bear Bryant.

It is hearing Keith Jackson call an Alabama game.

It is a houndstooth hat.

It is hearing the first notes of Sweet Home Alabama

It is the desire to beat Auburn at any competitive event that exists.

It is determining who you are going to date & marry by which team they swear allegiance to.

It is watching The Bear on the jumbotron before a game in Bryant-Denny Stadium and almost seeing him leaning against the goalpost in the end zone.

It is right behind God and family.

It is knowing how many days until the start of a season year around (Just ask my brother, Ray...he knows!)

It is getting chills up and down your entire body whenever you hear anything about the 1993 Sugar Bowl and the pride you feel because that night tradition ruled.  (We were THERE!!)

It is hearing The Bear's voice and having all the hair on the back of your neck stand straight up because you know no matter he said, it was something special.

It is purposely not wearing any clothes with the colors orange and blue.   SO TRUE!

It is the pride that a father has when he brings his children to a game so they may cherish the tradition.

It is beating LSU in Baton Rouge

It is having 12 National Titles

It is tradition

It is having 21 Southeastern Conference Titles

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I never got to finish posting pictures from our trip down to Tuscaloosa.  We made so many wonderful memories taking JM to his first homecoming and football game!
Russell Hall...where I spent so much time in nursing school.
Russell Hall...where I spent so much time in nursing school.

The Gorgas House..where we got engaged!
The Gorgas House..where we got engaged!

The exact spot where we got engaged...now with JM!
The exact spot where we got engaged...now with JM!

The Stadium
The Stadium

Did I mention we had awesome seats?!  We got to bring the stroller and had plenty of room.
Did I mention we had awesome seats?! We got to bring the stroller and had plenty of room.



The end-result of JM's first gameday!
The end-result of JM's first gameday!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

AWW I know you love Alabama! That is a sweet picture of the whole family where you and your husband got engaged! Precious!

Kelly said...

Mary Avery - I love this post! I love anyone who shares my extreme passion for SEC football!!!!