Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our Safari!

I started working on this Safari post days ago, but alas, my blog lost it while I was still working on it.  That's highly frustrating considering I don't have a lot of time to blog lately!  Anyway, I started over and uploaded a few fun pictures to share.  We love our drive-thru Safari!  It's so fun to be close to something where the boys can really do and see things that are very different and fun too!

Just like last time, JM had to ride his camel and it ended up being the same one...Jewel the camel!  He still talks about her, so I was glad she was there for him to ride again!  So fun!

 


We love driving through and seeing so many cool animals up close and personal.  The zebras were all over the place that day!  They just hung out at our car for awhile!



The camels were also pretty interested in the cars that day, too!



Matthew wasn't afraid of too many of the animals at the petting zoo part.  JM was NOT having it with this donkey and neither was I.  I was pretty scared of most of the animals there, but I wanted to put on a brave face for the boys because I don't want them to be scared!



Even though JM wouldn't pose with the pig, he claims it was his "favorite" animal of the day.  He also kept talking about the baby "secrets" and we couldn't figure out what he was meaning...



he was talking about these precious baby PIGLETS!  Aren't they so cute!?  I loved them!



This peacock was hanging out in the kangaroo pen.  We stood there while she fanned her feathers out and it was just beautiful!  I'm so glad we got to see it. 



The boys also LOVED these baby monkeys.  They were pretty cute, I have to admit!



Matthew was into petting most of the animals, even this goat-thing.



They have some pretty big turtles that I think are cool because of all of the geometric shapes on their shells!



And of course, I can't get enough of those CURLS!  I love them and I love this sweet little guy.



We had a fun time and ate lunch at our favorite little pizza place, Pioneer Pizza in downtown Gentry.  It's super-close to the Safari, so we stop there when we go.  It's pretty darn good and they have the best sweet tea outside of Alabama, if I do say so myself.  I LOVE their tea!  I want some now!


After we ate a late lunch, we walked across the little downtown street to a local resale shop and found a few little pairs of shorts for the boys for like $1 and then I found a tiny little pair of white shoes for my "just in case it's a girl" coming home outfit!  It was a perfect Saturday with all my boys!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

FYI: The picture of the "peacock" above is NOT a "she".
Only the males have the gorgeous fan tail, and the one you took a picture of must be an albino peacock, because "he" has no color. The females are called peahens and are a brownish color with no fancy tail feathers. Hope this helps the next time you get to see these beautiful birds.

Jane (GaGa) said...

So happy to see Jewel again :) Great pictures of the boys getting their animal loving in!! Loved the peacock and not so crazy about the "hairy" pig!! haha Matthew's curls looked so soft and shiny! So happy that you enjoyed such a perfect day.