Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Making Progress

We've been making some progress around here.  I am now officially in week 37 and I have a check-up on Thursday.  I had John Michael at 37 1/2 weeks so it's always been my rule to have most things done by now.  Not so much this time!  The nursery isn't done and there seems like TONS of stuff still left to do!  Our washer is having issues so I'm having a hard time "nesting" right now since I can't do the usual 2-3 loads a day. 


I AM uncomfortable, miserable, tired, hot and all that but I am really trying hard not to complain about it because I know so many people would do anything to carry a baby full term.  We are blessed and I know it.  But, I would like for this baby to not take its sweet time.


We'll know more about baby's size next week when I have an ultrasound.  If you don't already know, Matthew was near 11 pounds so we're trying to get a size on this baby to see if I have to have a c-section or if I can have a regular birth.  If we can hang on until next week, I feel like we'll know what to tell our families about when to come and all that good stuff!


So, while I've been progressing right along, John Michael has been making some progress of his own!



 We've had issues with the new splash pad...my boys LOVE it and they want to go, but they don't want to get IN it.  It's so odd!


 


 Some friends let us know they were going last night so we thought it would be a good opportunity to have JM come out of his shell a little bit and see his friends running through the water!  It worked!!


 





 ***Matthew changed the font and we can't change it back, so now I have a different font.  Oh well.....moving on.  Anyway, I was glad Jordan was there to "help" JM into the water and make him see it is FUN!



 As you can see by the pictures, he finally got really wet and had a really good time!  He didn't want to leave!



 Smiles all around!  I hope he wants to get in next time we go!



As for Matthew, he generally just walks around the edge, randomly touches the water, and just hangs out! 



 He was in love with Jordan's water bottle and he had the best time playing with it!



 Matthew also likes to play with the little leaves and dirt around the splash pad.  I love my little roly poly!  He's so cute in his swim shorts!



It feels so odd to be so close to the end of a 3rd pregnancy.  The boys haven't had the best behavior as of late so it makes me a little worried about how in the world I'm going to handle 3 children.  I have to keep telling myself "I can do this, I can do this!" I hope they adjust well to a new little one!  Needless to say, it's going to be an interesting summer!



 


 



 

2 comments:

Jane (GaGa) said...

Yeah!!!!!! Tell John Michael that Gaga and Bop are so very proud of him! He looks like he had a great time! Love the picture of Matthew and his "water belly" HA! Such cutie pies. And we are filled with excitement about meeting the newest little Wigley :) Let us know what the doctor says. Love y'all bunches!

Dana Maxwell/Meme said...

they look so cute in their little swim suits! they will enjoy it this summer, if you can get them there. MA, you are a strong woman and you can do whatever you need to do. It won't be easy, and everyone will have their moments this summer, but y'all will get through it. Try to embrace the good and the difficult - you will never have these moments back. And when you look back on this time in your life, as time goes by, the difficult times will begin to seem less difficult and the good things will take center front in your memories.
We can't wait to meet your new precious baby and see all of y'all! I know you feel bad right now, but it will be here before you know it!! Praying you have an easy delivery and quick recovery!! Love to all!