Friday, August 7, 2009

Show Us Your Life Weddings!

Since it's Friday I'm participating in Kelly's Korner "Show Us Your Life".  This week is Wedding receptions and honeymoon.  I'm not totally sure I have enough room for honeymoon pictures since I added so many reception pictures!

We had so much fun at our reception!  We had a small band that played older, more classic songs...I honestly don't even remember.  I wish I could remember more of the details that we worked so hard on!  It went by so quickly.  It was one of the best nights of our lives!


This ended up being one of my favorite pictures from the reception!  Showing off the new bling!



Of course I had to have tomato sandwiches, but little classy ones!  I only got one bite and they were SO good.  I wanted more!



Here's the shrimp and ice tower....after it had been devoured!



Here's some more food!  I can't remember this!  I wish I had eaten some of the food at the wedding.



We used an old family silver tea service for the coffee service.  It was a neat way to incorporate a family piece.



The cake!  Yum!  Mine was so wonderful and decorated very simply with our initials on the front.



Jordan's cake was to die for.  We did chocolate and peanut butter covered cake with chocolate ganache!  We also had it decorated with peanut butter cups.  The table had chocolate candy and elephant Arthur Court pieces for the U of A, of course!



I love this picture of us out on the veranda.




Father/Daughter dance!



I remember telling Mom that it was so much fun that I didn't want to leave!



Here's Dad and Nat wondering if they have any money left after the weekend!




And we're off to destination unknown (at least to me!)  It ended up being Mexico!



OK...so I will post a few honeymoon pictures.  It's fun looking back at fun times and browsing through the pictures!  That night we headed to Ross Bridge Resort in Birmingham.  It's beautiful and quite.  We went back for our first anniversary!



Sunday afternoon we headed to Atlanta where we would leave from the next morning.  We went to the Georgia Aquarium and had such a blast.  We're like little kids when you turn us loose at an aquarium!


This was our favorite picture because you can see how truly HUGE that shark is.  I think that shark has since died.  At this point, I still don't know where we're going the next day!



Monday morning we headed right next door to the Atlanta airport and got to the Delta terminal and found our flight for......MEXICO!  I then knew we were going to Excellence Riviera Cancun!  I can't say enough about it and we loved every second of the pamerping we got.  Love it, love it, love it!  We're thinking we might go back Summer 2011 with NO children for our 5 year anniversary!




We enjoyed the on-site restaurants and complementary room service.  There were so many pools all throughout the resort and the spa was very cool.  I want to spend more time there if we go back!




Whew!  I'm tired just thinking about all of it!  We had such a great time and it was the perfect wedding and honeymoon to start off a marriage.

3 comments:

Jordan Wigley said...

Ahhhh.... I wish we were at that resort right now. That was the best trip I've every taken anywhere. We'll definitely be going back again at some point!

And I can never get tired of looking back at our wedding photos. You're always beautiful, but that night in that dress and that atmosphere, you were just absolutely the most beautiful woman in history. I loved every minute of that night. I agree it's hard to remember the details without looking back at photos, but the memories I do have are ones that I will never forget.

I love you so much baby, and am so happy to have spent these past 3 years as your husband.

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

I have to agree with my son...you were(still are) very beautiful on your wedding day. The resort and all the honeymoon pictures were lucious and we are hoping to go there one day ourselves. And as for your 5th anniversary....I happen to know someone who will babysit!!!!

Dana/Meme said...

And another baby-sitter volunteer!!! Or several baby-sitters at our house! That would be so fun. We could just swap them back and forth across the street with Jane and Nat and let them play together and swim! I would just love that! So be planning that return trip to Mexico.
I loved your reception - could not have been more beautiful and such delicious food. The happiest 2 people in the room were just glowing and having a great time. It all goes by too fast and we all wish we could relive your wedding and our own too, so that we could remember more details. It is like your head is spinning and you do not absorb as much to memory - that is why pictures are so wonderful to have!! To relive it all!
Congratulations again and wishes for many, many more anniversaries to come. Kelly's "Show Us Your Life" segment on weddings could not have come at a better time for y'all - right around your anniversary!